Podcast Episode 14 - The One With All The Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Realm Noticeboard' started by Fybrile, May 3, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    The Echo Podcast Crew is back!

Listen to our latest episode HERE: http://ffxivrealm.com/media/episode-14-the-one-with-all-the-spoilers.212/media

Featuring...

@Fybrile
    @Maaja
    @Sword

In this episode, Fybrile can't remember names, Majaa thinks everything is right, and Sword sets a new record for the total number of bleeps in a single episode. We go over the end of FFXIV 2.0's story (lots of spoilers for those of you who haven't finished the storyline yet). For our Hot Topic, this episode we tackle the issue of endgame accessibility (read: nerfing content).

This episode was loooooong. After a dozen hours of editing, we pared it down to just a little over two hours, with the original recording going on for three.

Because Kolossus wasn't able to make the recording, unfortunately we had to postpone the announcement of our listener competition for a hard copy of the Heavensward Collectors' Edition. We will get the next episode out as soon as possible (about two weeks from now), so please look forward to getting the details then, and having your chance at winning a free Collectors' Edition.

If you're interested in being a part of The Echo, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your plugs, you shout-outs, your achievements, your pre-recorded segments, we'd love to give them a spot in one of our upcoming episodes. And, as always, we're still looking for a crafter to come on and be the host of our Crafters' Corner segment. If you're interested, give us a PM or just feel free to reply to one of our threads on the Realm!

Also, head over to Facebook to give us a "like" HERE.

And we've just started a Twitter feed HERE, where we'll be posting a lot of stuff for (and during) the show.

This episode's intermission song is an original Uematsu from the FFXIV: Before Meteor Official Soundtrack, all rights reserved by Square Enix Co. Ltd. We do not claim ownership of the song, and are using it for promotional purposes. Head over to the Square Enix Store to purchase a copy of this wonderful set of music from one of the video game industry's finest and show your support!

Enjoy~

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Zalera
    So what exactly do these Podcast talk about anyway?

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The game, go listen lol

Currently listening to this episode, would have liked to be in on this one :what:

Fybrile and Lord Tristem like this.
  4. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Zalera
    Mmm I don't know you sure this isn't a infomercial for time shares?:hmm:

5. Maaja

Maaja Moderator

Server:
    Bryn, Siren
    Actually, @Lord Tristem, I would suggest you don't listen to this podcast if you haven't finished the game, yet. It is chock full of story spoilers. But all the old podcasts are still available for your listening pleasure.

Lord Tristem likes this.
  6. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Zalera
    Yeah I noticed that and I decided not to. Thanks for the heads up though

7. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    If you haven't finished the storyline yet, you'd better hurry. Old news classifies as spoilers for only so long. I'm pretty sure around right now it's safe to talk about the end of 2.0's story in the open.

8. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Or go into media blackout

[​IMG]

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Next one's on the evening of the 13th! Come on! :gimme:

10. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    ok.
    i think Fybrile is... 36
    the "y'all" bit was priceless. no i dont sound like that.
    oh and 2 ideas for something more visual. i like the way Chocobo Dash podcast does it (but i cant stand their voices)
    and even though it would be a pretty big time commitment, i think the mash up would look great the way Merri does his shorts.
    i could picture the last one being just a shot of the hosts' characters walking down a street in-game, bantering back and forth about who is named who or what.
    all in a row like the three amigos. using emotes to convey conversation.

ps. i have no idea the lengths involved to make any of this happen.

11. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Loved the episode. The segment on the story theories was great.

By they way I think you were thinking of this guy from Care Bears http://carebears.wikia.com/wiki/Professor_Coldheart

My guess is that @Fybrile is 32.

I wouldn't mind joining you guys if you ever wanted a British co-host. I'm working from home nowadays so the awkward times aren't as much of an issue any more.

Fybrile likes this.
  12. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Oh and @Maaja when I played with you I was totally star struck! You are famous (to me anyhow!)

Sword likes this.
  13. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    Been a while since I listened to the Echo (pretty sure that the last one I listened to was the first one (oops)).

Do you have some sort of continuity, referencing old episodes and what-not, or can I just jump in and complain about such later?

:ninja:

14. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry

You can just jump right in!

15. Grupt

Grupt Loremaster

Server:
    Cerberus
    Good show btw, keep up the good work. (first time listening *yes I'm a newbie..PFFT*)

I know the pain of the zodiak questline, once I finish my summoners book to zeta that will be 3 zeta weapons (I'm thinking about spending a month in a loony bin after this).

Is there a specific place to ask questions for the next show or can I just post here?

Jinzuku likes this.
  16. Maaja

Maaja Moderator

Server:
    Bryn, Siren
    Hi there! Welcome to the Realm, @Grupt & thanks for listening. :) You can post your questions here. I think we have or had a thread that was a dedicated MB for it, but it wasn't really being used. I mean it does get some use, but.... xD Choose wisely, my son, choose wisely.

I think Fyb would encourage the MB for questions, so I'll go with that.

(I'm bad at researching/looking things up before I post.)

Fybrile likes this.
  17. Grupt

Grupt Loremaster

Server:
    Cerberus
    OK. 1) Do you have a guilty pleasure class in FF14? *mine is MNK.. don't care if I'm subpar at it..I love MNK *

2) Do you think Square Enix is going the right way about the relics? and if not, how would you go about fixing it? ( I think I should get an achievement called "750 birds with 1 stone" for how many times I've killed Garuda.)

3) Do you think SE can save PvP? * cause I love 3 hour PvP ques :) *

and lastly I have a theory ..the General Raubahn Aldynn adopted a Lalafel Son Pipin...my theory (and this is a little messed up, the anatomy would make it all... *SHIVERS*) is that Pipin is Nanamo Ul Namo and Raubahn's son or at least her son and Raubahn is hiding him for the queen. (keeping him safe from the Syndicate and the Monetarists) Plausible??

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Fybrile and Jinzuku like this.