Scholar Eos vs Selene

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by ilmaestro, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

I don't have any great analysis to make (which is the reason for me creating the thread) - I have been basically using Selene when soloing and Eos in dungeons so far (still in early 30s). Does anyone have any more nuanced opinion of how to maximise the benefits of both Fae?
  2. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

I didn't really read the names.
    Summon I(healing) is mainly a group, Summon II(support) is mainly for solo. Though you could use either or in any a lot of situations. Assuming I am reading that part correctly.

The other part, I can't help much. :c
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    ilmaestro likes this.
  3. ilmaestro

Yeah, that's how I've been using them. Was hoping I was missing something cool. ^^;

I'm "sure" there must be some sweet tech relating to switching between them off the back of Swiftcast > Summon, but... maybe not.
  4. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Hmm, maybe if someone who leveled up the THM to get Swiftcase could tell us c:
    That would be very neat.
  5. juntaru

juntaru Member

I tried to "swiftcast-switch" but it wasn't that efficient. Pulled a lot of hate, ans the cooldowns aren't reset. So it might be situational... Starting with the buffing one and switching to the healing one might be the best way to go, but I still have to try this out in real party to see how efficient it is...
  6. ilmaestro

That's pretty upsetting to hear.

The two reverse scenarios I envisioned it being useful in are when you are secondary healer to a WHM and can start the fight DPSing and buffing the BLM/whoever with Selene, before needing to take over healing tank as the fight changes and WHM needs to move to healing party. Or alternatively when you have a large healing responsibility for most of a fight, but there is a bit of a DPS race at the end once all adds or whatever have been dealt with and you switch Eos > Selene.
  7. Demens_vir

Demens_vir Member

Generally start dungeon with Eos, once i know group is "safe" (ie heals arn't an issue), i switch to Selene.
    Eos will normally come back out for boss fights unless group is really on a roll.

Party members don't seem to know the difference so far which is good >:)
  8. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

I use Selene on almost all trash pulls for everything. The Melee/Spell speed buff is awesome. On most bosses, Eos takes a load off with her AoE regen and has smart healed a few people before I could even get to them.

Also, summoning in battle causes a butt load of threat, so swiftcast summoning on a trash pull is NOT advisable, but works out sometimes.
    Probably_Nice likes this.
  9. ilmaestro

That's good to hear, I'm always super scared that "something" will happen that will make me regret not having HoT on tap, definitely going to try out Selene more.
  10. Pandalishus

Pandalishus Active Member

I think both are viable in a raid setting with competent healers. Both have the same primary heal, and both 2-skills are lackluster (though Eos is stronger than Selene, of course). What Selene brings is a round-the-clock (alternating) spell/action speed buff. That's good for everyone in the raid. Eos's secondaries are more situational and require more micromanagement (and are not round-the-clock). Until they give us a better pet management system, I'm thinking a raid with decent healers should seriously consider running with Selene. Hard to beat the entire raid group doing everything 30% faster for half the raid. That's way OP
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2013 ---
    Selene will too. As for summon aggro, I've never experienced that.
  11. ilmaestro

Thoughts on Selene's Silence?
  12. Titania

Titania New Member

I would definitely run with Selene. Eos is very situational as I find Whispering Dawn and her 20% Heal buff to really only be needed in difficult boss fights. I use her on HM Primals always though as I never know who I am going to get as my party members and I can't fully trust them to know what they are doing.

Selene's Embrace and her skills are very viable on the normal dungeons. Her silence is nice with trash mobs or adds that cast, but that's if I catch the skill on time. Sometimes she casts it on the wrong thing.

Never dealt with Summon Aggro. I usually know what I will be up against and change her accordingly before I can aggro anything. xD
  13. Pandalishus

Pandalishus Active Member

Pretty much useless for raid content, but that's not why you bring her along. :)
  14. ilmaestro

Cool. Evaluating skills like that in a vacuum is quite hard imo. Is nice to know I wasn't completely crazy.