Early Access Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uruu, Jul 8, 2013.

1. uruu

uruu New Member

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I was wondering something regarding early access and PS3/PC...

I played FFXIV on PC only and don't really plan to use my PS3 to play, but I preordered the PS3 version anyway because I want to apply the CE perks to my existing FFXIV account.

My question is, will I be able to play on PC when the early access time begins, even though I've preordered for PS3 and got a code from that preorder?

Thanks for any clarification. :)
  2. lionheart dracul

lionheart dracul New Member

i'm betting the pc and ps3 codes are different from eachother.
    so i wouldn't be surprised if you can't.
    but who knows maybe. try it out...
  3. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

Do you have an existing v1 PC account? If so, you should make sure to apply the PS3 codes to that existing FFXIV service account. Then you will be able to play your old & any new characters on both platforms. (PC registration from v1, PS3 registration from ARR.) You'll need to use the PS3 to register the codes that come with the PS3 version.
  4. uruu

uruu New Member

Thanks guys. :)

Yup, I have a 1.0 account. Just to clarify, I would be able to play early access on my PC correct? Even if I got an early access code for a PS3 preorder? I mean, I'd be using the code on my PS3/PSN account first for early access, then once I have the game on my PS3 up and running during early access, can I just log out and go on my PC?

This is probably the only thing that's really confusing me. :sour:
  5. Calle Sigvardsson

Calle Sigvardsson Member

This should be stated on the preorder/CE on the website u buy it.
    Either u can go on early access with ur previous v1 account, or u can´t. This I do not know since I do not have an existing account I have just pre-ordered the CE.

If u can´t go on early access with your v1 account on your PC I hardly believe u will be able to do it with ur pre-ordered code for the PS3. I think that is for PS3 only.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

Yes, ordering a PS3 copy will grant you the ability to play on both (but not true for ordering a PC client) and you will get all the perks that come with it I'd assume (at least so long as you apply it on the same account).
  7. nobopyon

nobopyon Active Member

Will "early access" end on aug 27th? or I can continue play until my pre-ordered game arrive?

Because I'm not sure my pre-ordered game will be arrived (delivered) on aug 27th but more likely 3 days later....
  8. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

Early access should lead straight into launch date. It did for FFXIV's original release.
  9. nobopyon

nobopyon Active Member

Thank you for replying my question.
    Due to english is my second language... I'm afraid I completely understand what you mean..

Does it mean, even after launch, I can continue play/login using "early access" until I receive my game in mail?
  10. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

Yes, I would expect so. :)
    nobopyon likes this.
  11. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

Maybe.
    Official SE response: "We're considering adjusting early access to include a short period after official service begins. An announcement will be made when we've reached a decision." (link)
    nobopyon and Meril like this.
  12. nobopyon

nobopyon Active Member