Dungeons/Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyler, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Tyler

Tyler Member

Hey all I have made a guide on this forum on how to do bosses/dungeons and cover pretty much everything that is tricky in them from the Titan fight onward. I don't know if anyone really checks out that part of the site though so making a thread with a link to it so you can access it easily! I update videos frequently as I encounter new dungeons, currently lvl 50. Anyway enjoy and keep checking back because there is plenty more to come!

Link to guide: http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/how-to-do-dungeons-bosses-videos.25/

Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg

Tough fight, definitely a need to know what's going on before entering! Recommend checking it out :D
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    xusha, Kolossus and ancientdeity like this.
  2. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Member

Good stuff, i really recommend watching the Garuda fight before attempting it in the story line, a lot of people have trouble with that fight and watching it before hand makes it a lot easier. It took my group about 12 wipes to finally nail the mechanics down winging it.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  3. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Active Member

I found it quite fun.

I had a good team though, so thats a big part of it. I admit though, it was exhausting, especially with a PS3 controller. I would recommend the video though.
  4. Rainier

Rainier Active Member

It took a lot of tries for me also but damn, was it rewarding finally getting her down.
  5. Tyler

Tyler Member

Haha yeah we got her down with both the dps's down and the tank/healer finished her off. Also found Dzemael Darkhold really tough, pretty much the whole dungeon. Just added a video on how to do the boss which you really need to know how to do and got a couple vids for the mini bosses coming too!

6. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Member

Yeah, Dzemael Darkhold was kinda rough on the first run. The mechanics are pretty fun tho, the last boss fight is a very mobile fight trying to dodge the huge beam he shoots. Dungeons keep getting a bit harder but once you know the mechanics they aren't too bad. The two level 50 dungeons are a headache due to being kinda designed around gear, they are doable but the mobs and bosses take a lot of dps. Once your 50 you'll be running the two 8 main raids constantly accumulating Philosophy Tomestones, you get 100 a run while dungeon only pay out a handful each boss endgame.
    upload_2013-8-31_6-39-42.png
  7. Tyler

Tyler Member

Hey guys, I have all the bosses covered from Dzemael Darkhold now so if you are considering doing it I would highly recommend you have a look at the 3 vids! Also just finished making a Garuda video (lvl 44 trial) and that is one hell of a fight. If you don't have a good party or people just don't know whats going on you are not going to pass it! Link to Garuda below otherwise check out the guide in the OP for the rest of the videos!

8. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

For Aviatar, your healer never dispelled. Though his HP did not drop as much compared to the tanks I've had where I've cleansed.
    Not sure if better tank or that scholars have some sort of HoT spell early on :p
  9. Tyler

Tyler Member

Not really sure xD but I can tell you that the tank was very good!
    xusha likes this.
  10. Grim

Grim Active Member

I find this game quite more fun figuring it all out yourself, with group of friends on MIC, Titan fight was priceless, we died 13 times before we figured out how to defeat him :)
    Heras Death and Nichigo like this.
  11. Tyler

Tyler Member

Oh god that is a lot of wipes! Haha I have actually out lvld all my friends and they aren't enjoying it as much as I am :( but I have added the Cutter's Cry final boss Chimera video to the guide if you are coming up to that!
  12. Grim

Grim Active Member

Cutters Cry boss is pretty easy, I'm grinding The Stone Vigil but already unlocked a lvl 44 dungeon I will take on when I get home :Dthen Garuda and after Dzemael Darkhold ....

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1581645/
  13. Tyler

Tyler Member

Yes and if you are in the Immortal Flames Grand Company make sure you grab the quest from the Flame Master or whatever in Uldah before you enter Dzemael Darkhold! Also vid on the first 8 man dungeon (lvl 49) out!

14. Grim

Grim Active Member

I'm in Order of the Twin Adder/Chief Serpent Sergeant [​IMG]

Dzemael Darkhold was even easier then Cutters Cry but way much more epic but yet useless gear
  15. Tyler

Tyler Member

Seems to be a lot of that useless gear going around! At least when you hit 50 you get tokens to buy your gear so it isn't about luck but smashing through those dungeons! Well one of my groups really struggled with Dzemael Darkhold! As I say in the vid we run out of time but I had already completed it with another group.
  16. Grim

Grim Active Member

I'm guessing the problem was AOE :p it's really bitch avoiding it, I developed a system how to avoid them heheh "I have a bit of a Ping issue" I see those rings with little delay, If I avoid it perfectly I still die :wtf:
  17. Tyler

Tyler Member

Yeah I have the same issue living in Australia. I get 270 ish ping form Perth which can be a little annoying. I find it easier just to keep moving because AOEs are always thrown where you are and not where you are going.
  18. Grim

Grim Active Member

well same here in Sydney with Telstra

download speed is high but upload speed is a joke
  19. Alvarion

Alvarion Active Member

I fear for PS3 users come end game. If you are having trouble on easy mode, Hard mode is gonna wreck your controller.
    Hulvein Blitz and Syn like this.
  20. Grim

Grim Active Member

I played P2 -P4 on xbox controller but started game with Razer Naga .... and wooohhhh I was missing out a lot