Dumb Questions about Houses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Auztinito, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Auztinito

Auztinito Member

Is Housing in release?
    How can you own a house?
    Last but not least.
    What are the prices?
    Pure Lucid likes this.
  2. Pure Lucid

Pure Lucid Wiki Team Leader

I want to know the answers to these questions as well
  3. Romeoh

Romeoh Active Member

Housing is scheduled for the first major patch after launch.

There are housing village instances, each village has 30 or so houses. Go to the village and talk to the NPC that sells the houses I'm assuming.

It has been stated by Yoshi that a medium house with cost the same amount of money you earn from leveling to 50 three times.
    Pure Lucid likes this.
  4. Pure Lucid

Pure Lucid Wiki Team Leader

wow.. 3 times... so we all need to make a MULE character.. at least 3 of the most dedicated of your friends or in LS. And then buy a house with the money we saved from our time being wasted from starting ground up on a lvl 1 toon. Awesome!

(or you can just craft or Leves a lot and try to make money that way)
  5. Romeoh

Romeoh Active Member

I would suggest just making the money on your main character. Also, small houses obviously won't cost as much. Housing will be long term content, something you achieve over the course of months of dedication, it's not gonna be something you can complete in a week or two :)
  6. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Active Member

Is there a penthouse option available? My Lalafell is going to be a king!
  7. Euriko

Euriko Active Member

*sits near the bank* chaaaange, spare some change *shakes empty moogle cup*
    XD

How much is the medium house exactly? Reaching lv50 x3 ...isnt very helpful. ^^;
  8. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

Well, one could just amass a fortune or something by making and selling or gathering and selling HQ items. This will mitigate those costs. I am sitting on about 150k at the moment, and by some estimates this is *half* of what I'll need to buy a medium-seized personal home. The estimate is derived from the assumption that you'll earn around 100k just by leveling to 50 once, or thereabouts. Doing leves, doing all the story quests, selecting only the allagan pieces, turning in HQ gear for your GC provisioning requests, etc., will net you considerably more -- on just one "toon." There is no need to do this three times over on separate "toons" because leveling alternate classes speeds the process us, as well as providing gil through hunting log.

It will be amazingly easy, I think, to get a small house, that most people at 50 won't need to worry about it. But if you want a mansion? Work on it!
    Romeoh likes this.
  9. Euriko

Euriko Active Member

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. ^^ And niiice, 150k? How did you manage so much gil? @_@ oh oh, and is that Salem in your sig or the cat from Scary Movie 2? lol
  10. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Lol My wife will have It in weeks, she is obsessed with playing auction houses in MMOs. She's one of those people from warcraft who used to buy n sells hundreds of thousands of gold...
  11. Digitalbulletz

Digitalbulletz Member

can I get a hot tub?
  12. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

I have no idea where the sig is from. I saw the gif elsewhere and decided it had to be this forum's sig for me.

As for the money? I don't spend it. I use my leveling income to repair and 'port, buy some food or general crafting basics, and that's it. Most of what my classes are wearing are crafted, and I pass over gear that isn't significantly more powerful than what I already have for the Allagan pieces. The more Disciples you level, especially if you've already leveled one Hand, Land, War, and Magic, you keep the previous leveling gear handy and don't opt for the class-quest gear unless you need it (itemized for THM and not CNJ, GLD/MRD and not LNC/PGL or ARC, etc.). As a Miner, I can fund all my off pieces (although I need to get a ton of silver for my next phase and upgrades). So the money comes in and very little goes out. Whenever I hit 10k on hand, I dump all by 2k on my retainer and that's sufficient. I'm also not turning in my Allagan pieces, but am accounting for them. Wanna so how much I get when my three main Jobs hit cap before I liquidate any.