Do I need to buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shanje Liro, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Shanje Liro

Shanje Liro Newbie

Hi All,

I am hoping this is going to be an easy question or a point in the right direction. So here goes:

I brought FFXIV first time around which I presume this is what people are referring to 1.0. I hear some people are entitled to a free copy of ARR. How do I know if I am one of these people? I had the CE if this makes a difference?

Cheers
  2. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

I think you have to have played for a certain period within a certain time frame to get it for free, there's info on it somehwree around here.

Check the stickies.
  3. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

If you have an XIV account registered on your Square-enix account, you don't have to rebuy. You even get the CE items this time around.

Always a fun reference:

[​IMG]
    Rainier likes this.
  4. Cynessae

Cynessae Active Member

If you registered your copy of 1.0 then you will receive ARR free when it launches. Since you have the CE, you'll get the digital CE items from ARR, as well.
    Rainier likes this.
  5. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

What am I referring to then? The 2 months of free play for ARR? Or was the playtime of the original game just for beta access?
  6. Cynessae

Cynessae Active Member

Sounds like you could be referring to the requirements for the legacy campaign, which required being subscribed to 1.0 for so long right before they closed the servers.
    fluttersnipe likes this.
  7. Shanje Liro

Shanje Liro Newbie

Awesome thanks guys, get early access etc too.
  8. Shanje Liro

Shanje Liro Newbie

So looks like I dont have to purchase anything which is epic when is the earliest I can test this to make sure I am right?