Cross Class Abilitys/Skills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anzactrooper, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Anzactrooper

Anzactrooper New Member

Hi everybody just wanted to get some opinions on cross class abilitys how are they implemented are they restricted to certain classes only or by level when do they come into effect can casting abilities offensive and defensive be used with a melee class and vice versa how many can be equipped at one time and what are the totals once you have level capped
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  2. seriousry

seriousry Active Member

I'm curious about this too, but those who know can't say anything till NDA is lifted, right?

but from 1.0 experience, I believe you can equip any ability you have learned on another class as long as it is low enough in level relative to your current class. For example ( and I'm just pulling numbers out of the air here) : a level 30 paladin could equip a level 15 whitemage spell.

And there will be a set number of abilities you can "equip" so you have to choose wisely.
  3. Anzactrooper

Anzactrooper New Member

Yes the NDA is still on I got some answers from old websites not sure if they apply to FFARR though ill just have to wait and see what happens.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  4. Alvarion

Alvarion Active Member

The way it worked in 1.0 is this:

So long as you are playing a CLASS, any ability you have gained from any other CLASS can be used so long as 1, you have the amount of ability squares to equip them and 2, your current equipped CLASS is of level to use it.

With JOBS it becomes a bit more tricky. You pretty much are relegated to the few classes in relation to your JOB. I won't get into how much has changed from 1.0 to beta but I still feel comfortable posting this in relation to how it used to work.
    Anzactrooper and Estebanx1 like this.
  5. Anzactrooper

Anzactrooper New Member

Thanks for your input much appreciated Alvarion that helps in knowing the basics
  6. Anzactrooper

Anzactrooper New Member

Are these cross class abilities permanent or can they be swaped around when ever needed? I suppose lvling up a conjurer to get the healing ability would be beneficial for all classes then
  7. Alvarion

Alvarion Active Member

Yes, though there are certain restrictions, all the cross class abilities can be used with any class and switched around depending on necessity.
  8. Anzactrooper

Anzactrooper New Member

How many cross class abilitys can be alloted at once and also can passive traits be used as well?
  9. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

I didn't play 1.0, but I think by max level it was 10 for a class and 5 for a job. I imagine some of them were off limits. Jobs were further limited to picking their 5 from just 2 classes.
  10. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

Cross Class abilities adhere to a few rules.

1. Classes get 1 Cross class ability slot every 5 levels, while Jobs only get 1 every 10.
    2. Classes can cross class from any other class, while jobs can only cross class from two specific classes.
    3. Abilities will specify the requirements of what class/job can equip them and weather or not they have special conditions such as requiring a shield.
    Fybrile likes this.
  11. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Quoted For Truth.

1. You cannot cross-class DoM offensive spells with DoW. Only magic-users can cross-equip offensive spells.
    2. Buffs and/or healing spells can be cross-equipped by classes in DoM and DoW.
    3. You get 1 ability slot every 5 levels in your Class. This begins - we are assuming - at level 10 when you unlock the Armoury System.
    4. Even in your Class, some abilities are class-specific, and cannot be cross-equipped (exact list of these is TBD).
    5. Passive abilities cannot be cross-equipped.
    6. In your job, you will be able to equip only a few abilities from your sub-class (for example: BRDs, whose main class is Archer, can equip some abilities from Conjurer, but not any other class).
    7. Considering that many abilities trigger combos - and it's these combos that lead to the highest DPS - most abilities that people equip from other classes tend to be healing, buffing and/or defensive abilities anyways. Archer - to use as an example again - also suffers from being unable to use pretty much any other class' offensive abilities because it doesn't have a melee weapon.
    8. You can swap cross-class abilities whenever you feel like it, and you can also equip them in macros to make the switch easier - however, you cannot swap abilities while you're engaged in combat.