Crafting Macros?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Daryl, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Daryl

Daryl New Member

Has anone experimented with this concept at all yet? I wonder if its possible to set up a "mass production" macro or something.

Anyone have any input?
  2. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Not really on mass production.... well you could do something like this:

/ac "Careful Synthesis" <me>
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /wait 9
    /echo "Crafting macro done"

20 lines is your limit. As long as Careful Synthesis is enough Progress to complete the synth, and 9 seconds is enough time for you to click the Crafting Log's Synthesize button between each synth, then this would craft 10 items for you with 1% Quality. Could do it with Standard Synthesis, but there'd occasionally be a failure, where it'd just sit and wait until the next cycle picked up. Important to note that I haven't tested the timing on this, so 9 may be too long or too short.

Obviously you could mix in other abilities with 3 second waits between them to get more quality on individual synths or if you needed two Synthesis steps to reach 100% progress, but would have fewer items crafted per macro use. You'd only need 3 second waits between steps on the same item.

Or you could find a good rotation for a 40 durability volume material you need and have the macro dedicated to just one item at a time and press Synthesize and then the macro each time you want to craft one. <--- I have done this making yarn & cloth, leather, ingots, etc.

The macro changes a lot as I get new abilities or gear that changes how many steps I need for full progress, or enough CP for extra Touches, etc. I do occasionally miss an Exceptional status on the item where the macro uses a buff or progress on that step for instance, but on a 40 durability item, not very often, or I would have missed it no matter what because it occurred when the item was at 10% on my last Synthesis step, etc. It winds up being pretty efficient on Quality, but not always as efficient as crafting each step manually.

Depending on your level/CP this could be something like:

/ac "Standard Synthesis" <me>
    /wait 3
    /ac "Steady Hand" <me>
    /wait 3
    /ac "Standard Touch" <me>
    /wait 3
    /wait 3
    /wait 3
    /ac "Master's Mend" <me>
    /wait 3
    /ac "Basic Touch" <me>
    /wait 3

Whatever sequence of abilities happens to work best. Its too long in this case for you to put a long wait, make a quick click in the crafting log to start another, and let the macro do a 2nd item the same way.
    Daryl likes this.
  3. Daryl

Daryl New Member

That's awesome. Thanks! Ill have to mess around with other abilities thrown in the mix as well.
  4. Zephyrus34

Zephyrus34 Member

Hmm, I've been wondering, what's "CP" stand for?
  5. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Crafting Points?
    Like Tactical Points, Magic Points, Hit Points....
  6. Zephyrus34

Zephyrus34 Member

Lol, Thanx
  7. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

Honestly I think trying to automate crafting is a bad idea unless you intend to make simple items over and over again. As an Armorer I made Iron Ingots constantly as HQ items, but I often had to adapt my plans if I failed to increase progress. If all variables such as this could be taken into account, and a complex macro formed, then I suppose brewing a cup of tea whilst crafting could work in my favour. :D. I'll be sure to test this stuff out, as well!