Connection issues of course

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by DirtyDom, Mar 8, 2017.

1. DirtyDom

DirtyDom New Member

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Heyoo ff fans hate for this so be my first time posting on the forums but I cant find a solution anywhere else. After the 2nd big maintenance that happened recently I've been having bad connection problems from laggy gameplay where things will just come to a complete stop and then fast foward a second or two later (which is murder for getting out of AOE's and healing nothing like having your tank at 80% health then drop to 20% cause of lag) to straight up kicking out of the game. The big issue here is that I have 261 hours in and never ran into any connection problems until this recent maintenance so I'm hoping after tonight itll go back to normal but would anyone else have a solution in case that isnt the issue? I should also mention two things, I got a friend who plays, lives in the same city as me, and plays on the same server and he's yet to have any issues. Also I just recently had a big antivirus update but ive checked it all out and its not blocking anything that has to do with FF.
    Thanks in advance

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I can't really help, but thought I'd let you know I've seen another menotion or two of lag and the like since the last patch, so I don't think you're alone (unless I'm seeing you everywhere).

Hopefully this maintenance does it for you

3. DirtyDom

DirtyDom New Member

Server:
    Brynhildr
    thanks for the reply have to bring bad news and say that the update didnt do much to help still getting horrible lag during dungeons and well pretty much anywhere, going to mess around with my antivirus and firewall settings and hope thats the case if it is hopefully itll help out anyone else having these problems

4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Last night I logged on and DC'd about 4 times in 15 minutes just standing around Mist trying to organize a party. Then we went into Castrum/Praetorium (got a full party for a newbie to watch cutscenes) and I DC'd maybe 5 or 6 more times, despite resetting my router halfway through the first instance.

After those 2 instances I experienced one massive lag spike sitting in Mist while trying to craft, and then... nothing, no issues all night. I fell asleep with the game on and woke up the next day still online. I ran Diadem a couple times this morning with no issue either.

Typically I have the least connectivity issues of just about anyone I know

5. DirtyDom

DirtyDom New Member

Server:
    Brynhildr
    SO good news on my end after beating my head against my laptop i figured out the problem was my wireless driver. So in case there's anyone like me who has to use a wireless connection you may need to restart and maybe even update your drivers. the steps for this can be found pretty easy, its the first thing that pops up when you search "restart wireless driver" on google same for "updating wireless driver" but ill be happy to post the steps if someone needs it. My biggest question is why did the recent maintenance effect the driver? Obviously this could just be a a big coincidence and i just happen to need to update them but the fact that no other game was effected before i restarted and updated the driver seems super weird

Anyways sorry about the wall of text and good luck to anyone else having issues.

Jinzuku likes this.
  6. Lucius Tinger

Lucius Tinger Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I always kick my tower sometimes when I need it to start up but other than that[and a severe panic attack sometimes if I hear scratching inside of it] my connections pretty smooth unless I get a phone call -_-

OH!!! Whenever i'm in my housing province I experience lag spikes whenever someone enters but thats the most recent connection issues i've had since the Odin days.

DirtyDom likes this.