Confirmed Mounts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Murchu, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Murchu

Murchu Member

CHOCOBOS UNITE!!!!!
  2. Kaelemar

Kaelemar Active Member

Show Spoiler
    MOMMOTHS. EVERYWHERE.
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to my old wow server
    Murchu likes this.
  3. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Don't expect massively huge things. I think they plan to have a few easter egg types. The Couerl mount is believable at least as I don't think it's far fetched to think they could be subdued and repurposed.

We ain't gonna be riding around on Bahamut or Behemoths and such most likely. The behemoth barding is just a funny little thing.
  4. Sprite

Sprite Active Member

There are already at least 3 mounts in the game that AREN'T chocobos.
    Magitek--- Confirmed
    Goobbues--Confirmed
    Couerls-----Confirmed
    I hate to break it to your immersion but having things to ride around on isn't a deal breaker. In fact, having more things to ride on can only be better. No reason to think people would only ride Chocobos in Eorzea. I mean look at Earth, the fauna is far less diverse here and people have domesticated many of them into mounts. Camels, Donkeys, Horses, Elephants and Yaks to name but a few. I say as long as it's not stupid crazy and we're flying around on Bahamut or riding Alexander into battle then why not? How is a horse going to wreck the fantasy?
  5. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Why exactly is a gigantic chicken more reasonable to people's sense of immersion rather than tigers, gigants rock creatures or magically powered mechanical devices?

Seems awful silly to me. If an overgrown chicken is as far as your imagination goes when you here the term final fantasy I am sad for you. Characters have been riding different mounts for a long time in the series now.
    Shroomie and General_JT like this.
  6. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

I wouldn't rule out us getting any sort of gobbue in 2.0 unless they explicitly said it'll never happen.
  7. General_JT

General_JT Member

I paid for the special edition and got the coerl mount, does that mean it'll fight with us like the chocobo?
  8. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Active Member

I don't mind diversity as long as it's common in the lore of the game. Everyone, even NPCs ride chocobos. Nobody rides dragons.
    Just... Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, and my line of acceptance is very low. Epic mounts should be acquired through epic storylines and epic quests, not random drops or store bought items.
    General_JT likes this.
  9. Aster

Aster Active Member

YOU FORGOT THE DRAKE MOOUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNT (He even had video for it) :/

[​IMG]
    Livify and General_JT like this.
  10. Kai

Kai Member

FFXIV needs more Yaks......
    General_JT likes this.
  11. General_JT

General_JT Member

ok I agree here, some mounts that are slepnir level should be end game only from a quest or rare drop from a boss.
  12. Aster

Aster Active Member

I think mounts should be achievement awards (Much like the Paragon's crown and such)
  13. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

The Drake mount (not wyverns, not wyrms, but Drakes) is confirmed as well, was confirmed along with both the Couerls & Magitek above. We can also expect an Ahriman mount too, as it was confirmed.
  14. General_JT

General_JT Member

Thats true as well like kill 1000000 cactuars, to unlock the cactuarminator achievement and that unlocks the cactuar bike mount!
    Its a normal bike but instead of wheels theres two rotating cactuars!
  15. Shroomie

Shroomie Active Member

scar jr. will be mine
  16. Shroomie

Shroomie Active Member

well said sir.
  17. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

Your Goobbue Horn is an inventory item now. If you don't see it, it may be on the Calamity Salvager NPCs. Once in your inventory you can "use" it to summon your ride.
    Kaelemar likes this.