Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by racooperii, Jun 30, 2013.

1. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

Just a general question, but how many of you are going to play with Community Ideas in RP. Like Player run Stores, Coalitions of Gathering/Crafting, Wandering Minstrals, Story tellers/collectors?

I'm personally all for and encourage Player created Content like this, so what kind of idea's have you seen in the community that you're excited for/plan to take part in yourself?
  2. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

I plan to open up a weapon shop! And Sell Behemoth Horns! *spears* Behemoth Claws *Fist* Behemoth Fang *Sword* Behemoth Tail *Bow* Behemoth Spine *Staff* and Behemoth Leg *Wand*
    GayGamerGeek likes this.
  3. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

I am looking forward to seeing how the player run stores and Wandering Minstrels will work.
    Vivi585 likes this.
  4. racooperii

I hope Bards can actually sing and such, that would be a nice touch and make minstrels easier to accomplish. Or if they included in game instruments that played music lol, could be fun.
    GayGamerGeek, Kayyllzz and JMATAWWCL like this.
  5. Hiname

Hiname Member

Well, while the anvil is still severely lacking members, I hope to attract many crafters and emrchants who plan to RP their crafting professions more then their acctual combat class.

Including events like monthly markets, maybe delivery convoys that need protecting, such stuff... You can bet that we'll be there.
    GayGamerGeek and GrimoireOfAlice like this.
  6. racooperii

Convoys, that's a new idea I didn't think about. I like it!
    Maybe Markets out in the fields by popular leveling spot with stuff players want but can't get from NPC characters...or more affordable since it's crafted from gathered goods?
    GayGamerGeek and Vivi585 like this.
  7. Hiname

Hiname Member

Stuff like this, yes.. The idea is that the anvil delivers quality, crafted stuff, affordable and available for everyone, made from roleplayers who acctually enjoy being a crafter. Win-Win for everyone.
  8. racooperii

Well I hope you all the success! I'm more into Combat than Crafting, I'm a dabbler, so if I see your guy's and gal's around while playing I'll be sure to be a patron.
  9. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Hopefully just like real life, where if given enough coin, they shut up. :p
    Vivi585 and JMATAWWCL like this.
  10. racooperii

Then I will be a rich MFing Minstrel.
  11. Pinkatron2000

Pinkatron2000 Active Member

I adore player created and driven content--crafting fairs, story telling--in SWTOR when a group of us wacky role players had far, far out leveled a dungeon and decided to take lower players through, we'd take the premise of the dungeon and make it fit into a story line instead. (Because we were so out leveled, the lower player was never in danger. So between battles we could progress a story line such as rescuing a kidnapped official or hunting down an artifact etc and so on.)

I loved it when players would also take over great NPC areas such as taverns, inns and pretty locations and made it a weekly or monthly RP gathering too.

In short: I so hope there will be player created content and will try and show up to them with bells on.
    GayGamerGeek and racooperii like this.
  12. Vivi585

Vivi585 Member

love this idea!!! I hope these ideas are implemented!:p i was thinking about making an alchemist rp character....
  13. Alothia

Alothia Active Member

We've had Storytelling events in 1.0, and we're planning on continuing them again in ARR. Right now, we've got plans in the works for a Benefit, Barbeque, and Bazaar; and a ball...we'll be having Hide and Seek events, scavenger hunts....

Balmung is full of events! I love it there~
    GayGamerGeek, Kayyllzz and Vivi585 like this.
  14. Empress Ninja

Empress Ninja Member

I've never done this but would love to. Anyone wanna be my mentor for it?
  15. racooperii

Im not super good at actualizing it, bt I am good at the concept/creation portion :)
    Empress Ninja likes this.
  16. Rejha

Rejha Member

I've never been great at making large stories, but for me, roleplaying ends up being me developing my character's personality and playing IC. Chatting IC, etc. Then story arcs tend to form around me.
    Belfor likes this.
  17. Nako-Chan

Nako-Chan Member

Aside from my character's secret thief-life for excitement, I actually kinda hope to explore her public job more: Being a Professor at the Arcanist's Guild and teaching newer Scholars fairy binding theories, or theories of multi-art healing and stuff. /nerd
    GayGamerGeek, Rejha and Vivi585 like this.
  18. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Active Member

My guy will be traveling alone a lot to ruins and other points of interest/landmarks, so selling stuff in the streets or crafting stuff is not in his meager arsenal of talents. But if he sees anything interesting it's not like he would ignore such characters and players.
    racooperii likes this.
  19. Alothia

Alothia Active Member

The RPC actually has a thread dedicated to mentoring and finding people to help you out with RPing. If you're interested in RPing, check out the RPC and the mentor thread in particular!

Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2436
  20. drazyk

drazyk Member

With in my IC history i talk about in my Journey following the path of the marauder to becoming the warrior, I speak of the training my uncle gave me in the art of the black smith, Armoring, carpentry and leather working. to go along with my blog I am writing as my adventure continues I plan on running a traveling shop where I craft all things from weapons, to armor as well as tools for other crafters. and thoughts?