Can Rival Wings be revived?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Choochoobo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    If you're unsure what Rival Wings is, it's a PvP MOBA mode in-game that can be qued under the name Astragalos. It's a team vs team mech match in which you have to take down the other teams' two towers before you can kill their core and secure your team a win. Familiar bosses from the Alexander tier (Cruise Chaser, Oppressor, and Brute Justice) can be summoned to give your team the edge to win.

Rival Wings was introduced patch 4.15. After its initial release, the mode has sense been dead and was thought to be one of the few pieces of content, like Diadem, that were unable to be experienced by players who were not there for the patch rush.

I randomly happened upon a group of people from the reddit that put together weekly Rival Wings nights to get the que popping. I've participated in it for two weeks now: the first week Primal was able to get nine pops, and this last weekend we were able to get at least five. Aether was able to go for five and a half hours. If anyone is interested in experiencing this dead content, I encourage you to join the que on Saturdays at 9PM EST.

By clicking here you can see the official page for Rival Wings.

[​IMG]

2. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare Adventurer

Server:
    Masamune
    umm... sorry if this bothers you, but... could you perhaps change your font to at least same size as default on this forum, and maybe not using red color? My eyesight wasn't as good as when I'm younger, and either small letter or red looks blurry (especially both! lol). I could always copy-paste to notepad for easy reading tho, but just letting you know. ^^;

Anyhoo... I've only chanced to try Rival Wings several times, and compared to Frontline, RW kinda more demanding on hardware, hence if I'm playing on older specs like my office PC, there's lots of times where no animation on players and occasions where objects not render quickly. Not sure how many were playing FF14 on minimum requirement (or almost), but this might be one of reason why RW not so popular. At least frontline still perform better on lower spec.

My home PC does have way better spec though, but by the time I'm back from office, it's already sleep time on my server. Plus, sometimes I rather play more demanding graphic-wise games. ^^;

Choochoobo likes this.
  3. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    I was able to achieve my Magitek Avenger mount thanks to this event put on by the Enemy BJ South Discord!

Bobbin Threadbare likes this.