BiS gear lists for all jobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FeroXs, Dec 6, 2013.

1. FeroXs

FeroXs Member

Best in slot gear list for all Jobs - check the source link for the tooltip versions.

BARD

Weapon
    Artemis Bow +1
    Head
    Bard's Chapeau
    Chest
    Bard's Shirt
    Gloves
    Bard's Ringbands
    Belt
    Hero's Belt Of Aiming
    Legs
    Bard's Tights
    Feet
    Allagan Sollerets Of Aiming
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Aiming
    Ear
    Hero's Earrings Of Aiming
    Wrist
    Hero's Bracelet Of Aiming
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Aiming
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Aiming
    Food
    HQ Deviled Eggs
    Source

BLACK MAGE

Weapon
    Stardust Rod +1
    Head
    Sorcerer's Petasos
    Chest
    Sorcerer's Coat
    Gloves
    Allagan Gloves Of Casting
    Belt
    Allagan Rope Belt Of Casting
    Legs
    Allagan Breeches Of Casting
    Feet
    Sorcerer's Crakows or Allagan Boots Of Casting
    Neck
    Hero's Necklace Of Casting
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Casting
    Wrist
    Hero's Bracelet Of Casting
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Casting
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Casting
    Food
    HQ Deviled Eggs
    Source

DRAGOON

Weapon
    Gae Bolg +1
    Head
    Wyrm's Armet or Allagan Visor Of Maiming
    Chest
    Wyrm's Mail
    Gloves
    Allagan Gauntlets Of Maiming
    Belt
    Hero's Belt Of Maiming
    Legs
    Allagan Trousers Of Maiming
    Feet
    Allagan Sollerets Of Maiming
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Maiming
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Striking
    Wrist
    Allagan Bracelets Of Maiming
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Slaying
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Striking
    Food
    HQ Buttons In A Blanket
    Source

MONK

Weapon
    Allagan Baghnakhs
    Head
    Melee Circlet
    Chest
    Allagan Cuirass Of Striking
    Gloves
    Allagan Gauntlets Of Striking
    Belt
    Allagan Tassets Of Striking
    Legs
    Melee Gaskins
    Feet
    Allagan Sollerets Of Striking
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Maiming
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Maiming
    Wrist
    Allagan Bracelets Of Maiming
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Maiming
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Striking
    Food
    HQ Buttons In A Blanket
    Source

PALADIN

Weapon
    Allagan Blade
    Shield
    Allagan Round Shield
    Head
    Allagan Helm
    Chest
    Valor Surcoat
    Gloves
    Valor Gauntlets
    Belt
    Allagan Plate Belt
    Legs
    Valor Cuisses
    Feet
    Heavy Allagan Flanchard
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Fending
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Fending
    Wrist
    Allagan Bracelets Of Fending
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Fending
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Fending
    Food
    HQ Finger Sandwich
    Source

SCHOLAR

Weapon
    Allagan Grimoire Of Healing
    Head
    Allagan Circlet Of Healing
    Chest
    Argute Gown
    Gloves
    Allagan Gloves Of Healing
    Belt
    Hero's Belt Of Healing
    Legs
    Argute Culottes
    Feet
    Allagan Boots Of Healing
    Neck
    Hero's Necklace Of Healing
    Ear
    Hero's Earrings Of Healing
    Wrist
    Hero's Bracelet Of Healing
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Healing
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Healing
    Food
    HQ Buttons In A Blanket
    Source

SUMMONER

Weapon
    Allagan Grimoire Of Casting
    Head
    Summoner's Horn
    Chest
    Summoner's Doublet
    Gloves
    Summoner's Ringbands
    Belt
    Hero's Belt Of Casting
    Legs
    Allagan Breeches Of Casting
    Feet
    Allagan Boots Of Casting
    Neck
    Hero's Necklace Of Casting
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Casting
    Wrist
    Hero's Bracelet Of Casting
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Casting
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Casting
    Food
    HQ Deviled Eggs
    Source

WARRIOR

Weapon
    Bravura +1
    Head
    Allagan Helm
    Chest
    Warrior's Cuirass
    Gloves
    Warrior's Gauntlets or Heavy Allagan Gauntlets
    Belt
    Allagan Plate Belt
    Legs
    Warrior's Breeches or Heavy Allagan Cuisses
    Feet
    Heavy Allagan Flanchard
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Fending
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Fending
    Wrist
    Allagan Bracelets Of Fending
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Fending
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Fending
    Food
    HQ Finger Sandwich
    Source

WHITE MAGE

Weapon
    Thyrus +1
    Head
    Allagan Circlet Of Healing
    Chest
    Allagan Tunic Of Healing
    Gloves
    Allagan Gloves Of Healing
    Belt
    Hero's Belt Of Healing
    Legs
    Cleric's Culottes
    Feet
    Cleric's Boots
    Neck
    Allagan Choker Of Healing
    Ear
    Allagan Earrings Of Healing
    Wrist
    Hero's Bracelet Of Healing
    Ring
    Hero's Ring Of Healing
    Ring
    Allagan Ring Of Healing
    Food
    HQ Mulled Tea
    Source
    Kiwi and Nichigo like this.
  2. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator Content Moderator

Good post. But BiS has alot to do with what a player prioritizes...it's not as simple as posting a fixed list. There's alot of debate/preference as far as Skill speed/Det/Crit/etc and how those are prioritized when it comes to gear selection. There are a couple calculators that can generate BiS lists for specific classes based on personal stat preference.
    Cynessae likes this.
  3. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

For MNK, I found that the gear choices are going to be different. If my priorities are 1) getting to ACC cap for Turn 5 with food (in my current gear, I exceed this without), 2) getting to 491 Skill Speed (which bring my GCD to 2sec), and then3) weight Crit above anything else, the gear options require different pieces in many of these slots, especially if I am using Buttons to bring me to the ACC cap.

Furthermore, once the Allagan weapons are upgraded to ilvl95 they will be best in slot regardless of stat weights.
  4. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

I do prefer my Myth hat for BLM in terms of stats and I could actually notice the difference in spell speed when I put on the Allagan. I like the look of allagan but I don't see the need for the accuracy or the Determination, when Crit and Spell speed are so much more appealing to me. it was so wierd to feel the difference, even if it was so slight, it still felt huge.
  5. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

Don't agree with the WHM. There have been tests done that show spell speed allows whm to do more healing over time.
  6. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

Link? Would be v.interested to read.
  7. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

All you got to do is google "ffxiv whm best in slot". Dunno what wacko made this. Clearly someone who is deathly afraid of spellspeed.
  8. Kiwi

Kiwi Active Member

Thanks for posting OP. I am gonna post this on our FC forums to help some FC members decide on what to get next.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2013 ---
    You really can't generate enough spell speed to make a huge difference. Maybe in future patches when you get more gear with more spell speed but for now its just not worth it. Crit is much more viable of a stat right now, especially for SCH but its good for WHM too.

Although I do want to ask one question. Why is the allagan choker of healing bis for whm over Heros?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  9. resultsmayvary

resultsmayvary Member

As would I.

Spell Speed reduces your cast time by just around 1% per 25 points. At 50 your base SS is 341. At 341 your cast time for Cure I sits at 2 seconds. Adding 27 brings you to 368 (I don't have the gear right now to hit an even 25 point increase), this places your cast time for Cure I at 1.98. My current spell speed, in a mix of DL, Myth and Allagan gear sits at 424 and my cast time for Cure I is 1.93, so at this point there is no exponential advancement, it seems to increase at a set rate per point. The rate of increase is also constant from spell to spell and it does not affect HoT's (Regen/Medica II) as Regen still ticks 7 times and Medica II 5.

The alternative to spell speed, right now, is crit rating. Crits base is 341, same as spell speed. 470 will bring you around to just about 10%, that's 129 points. There's no math here because it's crit, but you can research it, my numbers are in-line with Valk and most others I've seen. So what these numbers mean is that you're getting a 2% chance to crit for the same stat increase that will net you 1% with Spell Speed, the discrepancy is due to crit being a "chance" stat whereas spell speed is constantly in effect. Critical heals are worth 150% of a normal heal.

So crit grants you more of it's effect per point, but the big downside to crit is that it's not always effective healing. Crit commonly results in overhealing, especially in later fights with enemies such as Caduceus, Clock Work Dreadnaughts and Twintania, fights where you have to keep your tank topped off.

The biggest compliment to stacking crit, in my eyes, is that it effects HoT's, so each Regen has 7 chances to crit, and Medica II has 6, these are a White Mages 2 most mana efficient heals. The biggest compliment I can give to spell speed is that it works toward letting you heal a tank using only Cure I, which is a good goal to have as it saves you mana on spamming Cure II, which means Bards don't need to use Ballad which means more DPS going out.

In the end I don't believe a definitive BiS exists for White Mages, if there is a difference in total throughput it's in the area of a 1 or 2% difference. Keep in mind that as of 2.1 you'll be seeing a lot more Warriors in end-game content though, which gives more validation to crit as you'll be less likely to overheal.

If I missed anything I apologize, it's 6:30 am and I haven't slept yet.
    Zheri, Balaur, ilmaestro and 2 others like this.
  10. Kiwi

Kiwi Active Member

^ nope you good lol. Was an interesting read for me thanks for posting.
  11. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Active Member

Interesting list, although... I would say depends on the situation.
  12. Zheri

Zheri Active Member

For certain classes, i.e. BLM, this is very largely true. Since nearly all of our damage is on-GCD, a 1% increase in Spell Speed is almost a true 1% increase in DPS. Also, we get no special bonuses from crit, so again, 2% crit is 1% DPS. The overall effect of this is that, assuming full i90 and 434 Acc are met, the difference between BiS and "worst in slot" is minimal, on the order of 2-3 DPS. Contrast this directly to Bard. Roughly 35% of their damage is off-GCD making 1% skill speed only worth 0.65% DPS. Additionally, the higher their Crit, the more Bloodletters they can fire making 2% crit worth substantially more than 1% DPS. All of which leads to a pretty clear BiS list with no room for personal preference.

Also, I have a huge problem with the way these lists are presented. Each and every "source" is merely a link to the same list on the same site. The only mention of stat weights is a simple WD > Main Stat > A > B > C. There's no discussion, no math, no optimal order to spend Myth, etc. In short, there's nothing to support these lists as there is for similar ones posted on reddit and the official forums, and as any claim made without evidence may also be dismissed without evidence I have trouble putting much stock into any of them.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Cynessae, resultsmayvary and Nichigo like this.
  13. Kiwi

Kiwi Active Member

This thread gave some room for people to flex their epeen.
  14. Wykedtron

Wykedtron Member

How can a BIS be subjective to how people play. I'm a bit confused by this. We are already under pretense that anyone using this list is min/maxer therfore player preference goes out the window. To the blm discussion WD > INT > acc cap>critical. There is no Grey (player preferences). It is only fact lol. This community is so great. If you are a blm stacking spell speed, that's not player preferences. You just don't know how the f**k to play.
  15. Zheri

Zheri Active Member

What data do you have to back up your claims? Because I have this thread which includes thousands of data points taken from in game and a MatLab simulation which both come to the same conclusion. In theory WD > Int > Acc cap > Spell Speed > Crit > Det. In practice, however, SS, Crit, and Det are so close that it does not matter which secondary stat you stack. As I said earlier, as long as you are accuracy capped and in full i90 gear, the difference between the absolute best and absolute worst combination of gear is, at most, 3 DPS. The RNG nature of fight mechanics and damage calculations basically make that negligible. Until you have something substantial to support your position, your simple statement that "WD > INT > acc cap>critical" is nothing more than an untested hypothesis and carries no more weight than any of the OP's similarly ill researched lists.
    Demens_vir and Kolossus like this.
  16. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

"It is known, Khaleesi"
  17. Kiwi

Kiwi Active Member

I want to add something for anyone that is a SCH. Get the AF2 headpiece. It is BiS since it has the same stats as Allagan but is guaranteed unlike the circle which you could go many weeks without getting.
  18. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

From the perspective of prioritizing Crit over Spellspeed, my sister has the Cap, Body, and Legs as AF+1. She is holding out for accessories when they don't drop on earlier turns.
  19. Chemosh

Chemosh Newbie

i understand what your trying to say nichigo but there is a falacy in your point... "best in slot" means the best period. yes you can gear for different stats... but only one of the sets is the most efficient or highest performing.... and thats what bis list is supposed to be... the gear that acheives top results outperfeorming others... .so yes you can do lists for certain stats but the whole idea of bis list is the top set OF those lists.

if a crit set achieves 1200 dps with a perfect rotation, a skill speed achives 1180, and a mix of skill sped and crit achives 1300... the 1300 is the bis because it performs the best and therefor is the bis list... player preference has little to nothing to do with it.... althoguh some players cannot achive the top results even with bis gear bcause they just fail at rotations and thus may perform better with a lesser set that is more forgiving of rotations.....
  20. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator Content Moderator

From that perspective there is NO BiS then because there has been NO definitive "best [secondary] stat" for almost every job. There are definitely certain slots that are clearly BiS over others (like ones that have useless stats such as Piety and Acc). But then there are slots that consist of Crit vs. Det vs. Spell/Skill Speed. Most of which have not been determined as to what's "best".

At this point, BiS is relative.