Realm News Beta Testers Wanted for the Realm FC Page

Discussion in 'The Realm Noticeboard' started by Fybrile, May 3, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Hey All,

Well, after much work and sleepless nights, we're just about ready to show off our latest - and potentially greatest - feature here at the Realm, the Free Companies Index!

Oh man is this page going to be loaded with features for FCs! Our philosophy for this area was to give FCs a better way to market and coordinate with other FCs and recruit new members on their server. The page will be fully-open for members here at the Realm to create their own FC groups. FC group creators will be able to:

1. Create their own FC area here on the Realm equipped with:
    i. A profile cover image
    ii. An FC logo
    iii. A fully customizable description of their FC with BBCodes functionality, links, images & media.
    iv. A Member Wall where members can post, like and comment.
    v. A Staff Wall, same as above, but for FC officers only.
    vi. A Calendar with full ability to schedule events & reminders.
    vii. A Members list
    viii. An FC photo album.
    ix. FC Forums
    2. FC group creators will also have full control over the permissions of their group, and be able to:
    i. Create member roles with various permissions
    ii. Assign members moderation privileges over the areas of their FC page.
    iii. Send invites to members of the Realm to their FC.
    iv. Send notifications via alerts and emails.
    v. Set their FC to Recruiting or Closed.
    vi. Set their FC page to open or private.​

We will also be periodically Featuring Free Companies here at the Realm, Free Company Events, as well as Free Company competitions.

In order to prepare for all this, we're hoping to get 6-8 Free Company officers to test the page first by creating their Free Company Page and pushing the client to its limits, providing feedback and suggestions, and helping us spot bugs.

The Beta Test period for the Free Company Page will be May 5th until May 14th. If you are interested, please post here or PM me.

Thanks~

List of Beta Testers
    1. @Aisha Aurica
    2. @delta5ff
    3. @MasterBox
    4. @Ish
    5. @racooperii
    6. @praysolace
    7. @Porkchop Sandwiches

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. Aisha Aurica

Aisha Aurica Crystal Brave

YES
    ALL OF MY YES
    MY BODY IS READY
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2015, Original Post Date: May 3, 2015 ---
    This is super boss 'cause I've been looking for a reason to get my other FC mates here onto Realm and this'll be a great tool to do it, so in case you didn't get it please sign me up =^.^=

3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry

You are officially signed-up! :good:

The test will begin on May 4th. I'm taking a few more hours to gather testers and prepare a few things. Close to the time the page is opened for you you'll receive a PM with all the details!

Thanks so much for helping us out! I hope you enjoy it! This is the specific reaction I'm going for --> :nosebleed:

Hermes, Aisha Aurica and delta5ff like this.
  4. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

You can sign me up as well although I don't know how much I'd be able to trial it. Been on a Japanese server means that there aren't any people on here that I've seen from the FC I belong to. I'm also not the company leader if that's a problem

Jinzuku likes this.
  5. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Not a problem at all, as long as your FC leader doesn't have a problem with it. It would be absolutely wonderful - even if only for myself - to have more JP server FCs recruiting here. We have a lot of SEA / Aus / NZ players in this community.

6. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I presume I'm assumed to be a part of this? :what: In any case you know I'm in :good:

racooperii and Fybrile like this.
  7. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Haha, I should mention our 6-8 testers will be working closely with our community team here at the Realm to test out the page. So, if you're looking to rub elbows with our mods and get to know them a bit better, this would be a good chance!

:funnyguy:

Jinzuku and GeekMatt like this.
  8. MasterBox

MasterBox Scion

Server:
    Behemoth
    I would love to join if you have room

:)

Fybrile and Jinzuku like this.
  9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    The page will become open for you this evening. You'll receive a PM from me before it does. Last chance for anyone else to get a sneak peek at our FC page. Thanks sincerely to those who've already signed up to help us out and make it better with their feedback!

GeekMatt likes this.
  10. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I can test if you have room :D
    I have done website design before and have been a beta tester for some 3D Software before and actually am a Graphic Designer :)

Jinzuku and GeekMatt like this.
  11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
  12. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'd be willing to give this a whirl, even though I have no direct power in the FC I think a members point of view could be valuable :)

13. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    While I'd be open to helping, I'm not sure I'd really be all that useful of a beta tester, since I wouldn't use some of those features. We already have an FC forum I've been working on gaining traction with and wouldn't want to confuse things further by having multiple FC forums, and as for recruitment... due to a circumstance that Storm and Fybrile are aware of, I've also become more wary of recruiting here.

If you're ok with a beta tester who'd probably go no further with some of those features than playing around with a few guildies, then I'd be happy to help. I just don't know I'd be the most useful tester in the world.

14. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    That's a really good point Pray. Lot's of FCs struggle to sustain activity on their own Forums, and having a second place may be confusing. I suppose I see the primary function of this page being advertisement for your FC, and a way for non-FC members to communicate and network with you. I remember as a player not in an FC for the longest time, there were many times I wished I could browse recruiting FCs. I'll be the first to admit I never frequent the official forums, though.

You needn't be wary at all of recruiting on the Realm!

I'll add you, as we're a) short on people anyways, so a spot's open, and b) I went through all the trouble of creating Beta Tester trophies and want to give them to as many people as possible, and most importantly, c) a down-to-earth, possibly disinterested perspective could provide invaluable feedback!

:glee:

15. Porkchop Sandwiches

Porkchop Sandwiches Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
  16. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    lol, perfect timing! I just sent out the invites. Gimme an hour - in a meeting at the moment - and you'll get the PM!

Thanks Porkchop!~

Porkchop Sandwiches and GeekMatt like this.
  17. Sounds fun. Any slots open?

Fybrile likes this.
  18. June

June Adventurer

Server:
    Leviathan
    I like the idea of this! I would love to try it out I use to make websites and It would be a god send to see if this works better than individual FC sites.

Fybrile likes this.
  19. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to accept any more testers at the moment Crimson, as I have my hands full with the ones we already have. It won't be long until the page goes live though... All things working out as they should, we should be opening it to the public on May 15th.

I don't think this will replace FC sites on enjin. I'm hoping, however, that it will prove to be a valuable tool for seeking FCs on your server if you're looking for one, as well as being a fun place to hang out with your FC mates when you're on the Realm (read: At work).

And, of course, it's features will continue to grow with time.

Crimson Requiem likes this.
  20. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr