best dps class? anyone knows?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pharm, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Pharm

Pharm Newbie

so what do you guys think the most powerful class is? From what i heard, there is no DPS class since the monsters have different weakness (like one is weaker against magic and one is weaker against melee, etc)

So, if that true: then do you guys know what the funnest class? Like which class have the most flashly moves, or best combo, or fastest attack speed? Like I'm pretty sure being a healer got to be boring, since your main job is to heal people, or imo, be a bitch. So that why I'm really worry, since i dont want to pick the wrong class.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

Oh, not this thread again....

Most people are going to say BLM because of Version 1, but it is possible that things are more normalized in Version 2. Also, that the classes may show themselves to have higher values in some fights than others, meaning you mix things up as needed.

There shouldn't be a point where one class is so much better than to clear content you use that class over any other.
  3. Pharm

Pharm Newbie

so you're saying that all the classes are balanced? kk thanks :)

so basically to be good at this game, you just have to have like 2-3 dps classes and know what to bring right?
    caucel likes this.
  4. caucel

caucel Well Known Member

Monk. But while there are a crossed jobs maybe other combination do the same.

Scholar is suppossed to be a DPS too.
  5. askew

askew Member

Are you sure? I thought they just confirmed SMN was going to lean DPS, and SCH was leaning towards healing, right?
  6. Brahma

Brahma Well Known Member

Best? How boring. I've never played anything because it was "the best." I like to be efficient, but I don't think any class or job will be completely obsolete in ARR. So, don't listen to anyone here--we're all biased a-holes with our own particular agendas. The only way you'll know what's best for you is to try out each class yourself and see what you like. Leveling is not too big of a deal in this game, so yes, you really have no excuse not to make up your own mind. Best of luck, dear. :)
  7. Saber

Saber New Member

Best DPS class? That'd have to b-

Do what you like, not what others want you to be. Most DPS classes scores are marginal, so as most say, PLAYSTYLE.

[​IMG]
    Madmex and Nehym like this.
  8. Frozen Purity

Frozen Purity Member

Someone is an obvious troll... :pain:
  9. caucel

caucel Well Known Member

Lol why? Yoshida said it in letter VIII!
  10. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

To clarify, Arcanist will be DPS with some heals. Not support, but pure DPS. Scholar is support/healer, and Summoner is pure DPS. Caucel is confusing Scholar with Arcanist.
  11. FEEN

FEEN Member

From my experience ii would have to say archers. They hit so hard!
    but obviously after phase 4 if anything is unbalanced they will make changes .
    so it's safe to say there is no strongest/best DPS class
  12. Taintedone

Taintedone Member

This wont happen...but if they worked on it enough then each job should be balanced and putting out close to the same amount of dmg over a length of time.
  13. FEEN

FEEN Member

^agreed, most games iron out such things. as much hype and giving the past mistakes made in 1.0
    ii doubt they would make it unbalanced
    Taintedone likes this.
  14. Taintedone

Taintedone Member

I am really hoping. I did hear that some fights in 1.0 people stacked 1 job that just overpowered the rest in damage.
    FEEN likes this.
  15. FEEN

FEEN Member

yes, that is correct. and no one find enjoyment in doing things like that. Well atleast ii dont, cant speak for everyone else lol
    but man fingers crossed you know. but judging from phase 3. everything seems good as far as classes are concerned.
    but for the new classes, who knows
  16. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

They'll still do this, I have no doubt. We cant control how people down their bosses. The key is getting in a good guild full of good players that are there for the raiding experience, not there to cheese the mechanics with class stacking until the loot is flowing.
  17. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Damage type weakness is not really a thing. Players have these resistances though. And we can inflict small weaknesses on the mobs with certain songs or combos.

As for the strongest Damage Dealer.... I'd say THM/BLM after level 40 or 46. ARC/BRD is also strong due to a high crit rate in its primary combo and DOTs + Bloodletter trait.
    Pharm likes this.
  18. caucel

caucel Well Known Member

No, no. Yoshida in the living letter was asking about Scholar job. Him surprised to all when said "DPS". Maybe I wrong.
  19. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Yeah youre wrong, lol. No question about it. All of the abilities have been out for a while. All of the scholar spells are healing and buffing. Its a pure healing class.

You know Scholar's the one with the fairy, right? :p
    Syn likes this.
  20. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

I have seen this thread too many times. There is no one best dps class. If there was, all the other dps classes would be obsolete. Different dps classes deal different kinds of damage. Blunt damage, slashing damage, piercing damage, magick damage, and so on. A black mage might be badass in one boss fight and completely worthless in another. It was the same way in ffxi
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 10, 2013 ---
    I'm not sure where you got that, I am pretty sure it was confirmed that scholar is a healer.