Best and Fun Experiences in Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Batsonn, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I always see the the worst dungeon experience going strong in the thread wonder about some people best experiences.

I remember one of my favorite dungeon runs was when I was put in a SV and the tank notice my name was a comic reference and we spend the whole dungeon debating who the best Flash was. Lol

Or when I got in a group of leafs on Sast and talked the healer and dos threw the whole dungeon and they learn really well. We even sat down at the end and I told them how jobs worked and how things were unlocked in game.

Sai, Jinzuku, GeekMatt and 1 other person like this.
  2. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    My best experiences have been on Raid Night for my FC. We get on Discord and often spend time making dirty joke and laughing so hard we wipe, honestly the most fun I've had in XIV in a long time.

Also, First Person Dungeon Runs. If you haven't tried this it's a lot of fun and also quite difficult. Never has Neverreap been more enjoyable.

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    One that I remember fondly was getting someone in DF that was new and didn't speak English for Sastasha a long time ago, and they seemed pretty oblivious to the way the game worked at first. I ended up explaining the last boss using way marks and emotes and it went really well

In general I've found the best runs are always runs with newbies, which is why I love DF and would rather run with a FC newbie then a pro who can help me farm it faster.

nekohime and racooperii like this.
  4. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    One of my best early experiences was my first time in Haukke Manor. I had been terrified to do a dungeon without people I knew, but I'd been putting Haukke off for ages and finally decided to just bite the bullet and go. I was so scared. Queued in with a bunch of endgamers. Told them I was new and to please let me know if I was doing anything wrong. The Bard in particular was a mad aggro monster and I was scrambling to hold bosses over him, but they were all suuuuuuper nice about everything, telling me not to worry and that I was doing great. Those random people I queued in with are probably the reason I was able to get over my fear of the Duty Finder.

Recently, I was zerging my White Mage up from 50 to 60 just before patch and in one Library run I ended up queuing in with a three-man premade. One of the guys in there had been in a Vault run with me earlier and recognized me. Somebody told a joke, I joked back, and from then on out the whole run was full of silly jokes and light-hearted trolling and good times. Sadly, they were on Lamia. But that was the most fun I had that whole weekend zerging WHM. Plus the guy who'd been in the Vault with me earlier was apparently one of their FC's main healers and complimented me on how well I'd handled those two runs, which was very confidence-boosting, since I'm aware healing isn't precisely my strong suit and I'd been kind of discouraged from a few stupid mistakes I'd made that weekend (double-tapping Cleric Stance is the bane of my existence).

Edit: I was limiting myself to best experiences with DF randos. I have great times with my FC mates too! Dungeon blind runs are always a highlight at patch time, and doing Midas this past week with the FC (and @Porkchop Sandwiches and @Basket Case for A8) was also tons of fun :3

Sai likes this.
  5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Last night DF taught me PLD can solo tank M4. (Even when DPS are failing at adds)

Code:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07n8UYCZPIM

6. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    One of my favorite df runs was lvling war in brayflox. Me and Cade df two others. They ended up being a couple too and we had fun joking back and forth. I was having a lot of fun so I didn't even have time to be scared of tanking.

Sort of df but not really was when @GeekMatt blind inv me into a turn 5 run. I had never been so it was a crazy experience but a lot of fun.

praysolace and GeekMatt like this.
  7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    "Surprise! One of the hardest raids in the game with strangers!"

8. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    "Don't worry, we'll be right here with you and WHAT NO GET INTO THE DIVEBOMB PIT"

GeekMatt likes this.
  9. I just tell them to go to the scrubhole north of the divebomb pit. Or to kindly run into the wall and we will raise them when it's over. XD

Jinzuku likes this.
  10. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Adventurer

Server:
    Hyperion
    I guess ones where I'm tanking and things go off without a hitch, nobody dying needlessly, following my kill order etc. Or where I've achieved whatever goal it is I've set out to achieve. I really don't have any

:glee::glee: HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! :joy::joy:

moments. Only

:twothumbsup: Mission accomplished! :twothumbsup:

moments. Victory is fleeting.

Sai likes this.
  11. nekohime

nekohime Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Last night my wife and I did a pre-formed expert roullette with a couple of friends. We ran Lost City of Amdapor Hard as PLD, WAR, and WHM x 2 which made things rather intersting. It was slow and we ended up wiping twice on the second boss's dps check but it was a lot of fun!
    :laugh: