Behemoth - For those who wanted bigger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fybrile, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Forgive me if someone has buried this photo elsewhere on the Realm - I honestly haven't seen it before today. But, if anyone was a-feared that FFXIV:ARR's FATE NMs would be tiny, wimpy little one-phase tank-and-spank butterflies of nothing-to-see-here:
    Fern presents,

Behemoth.

[​IMG]
    Zoot, Syn, JMATAWWCL and 2 others like this.
  2. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Mmmmhmmmm. Loving it. And it's in a similar looking landscape as from XI (kinda sorta) gotta love that nostalgia.

I hope these end game FATEs give us something to work on. From the sounds of recent chatter and some statements from Yoshi it definitely sounds like these sorts of open world bosses are going to present significant challenge.
    ShippWrecked, JMATAWWCL and Fybrile like this.
  3. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

I remember fighting Behemoths in XI and thinking "Que?".

That is a legit representation of one :) Can't wait to kick it's ass!
  4. Syn

Syn Guest

I'd like a little more clarification on how the loot will be handled/distributed, but for sure I have been looking forward to the HNMFATEs for a while now. Can't wait to see what other mobs they add.
  5. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

Wonder where this picture came from? At the end of the Tour of Eorzea 3, they only show them rushing into battle vs an already engaged Behemoth.

It's great that it's scaled to be so much larger than characters. It actually looks bigger than the old "Great Buffalo" NM from 1.0. lol
  6. WooShoo

WooShoo New Member

FLUFFY!
    You will be my new pet!

Makes me long for the days I would spend as a tarutaru WHM in Qufim grabbing as many giants as I could, and trailing them behind me like an entourage while I raised leveling parties.
  7. ShippWrecked

ShippWrecked Member

I agree, I like how it looks very similar to Behemoth's Dominion, Xarcabard, and Ule Range. I've come across a few areas in Beta which immediately make me think back to specific areas in FFXI, like the Sagolii Desert in Southern Thanalan looking similar to Altepa.
  8. Zoot

Zoot Active Member

I thought that too. And I loved the Drakes in that zone. So far, color me impressed :cat:
  9. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

In times immemorial, there lived mages who had not only the power to summon the primals, but also the means to transmute the primals' essences, thus binding them to their will. Known simply as summoners, the existence of these men and women and their arcane art have been all but lost to the ages.
  10. momopeach

momopeach New Member

I like how he's smiling for the camera too lol.