Featured FFXIV News Beast Tribe Quests Preview

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by Jinzuku, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Changingvthe formula would be good, cuz the primal threat is a boring story arch, and dailies dont have to / shouldnt be restricted to just beastmen.

Jinzuku and racooperii like this.
  2. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    I confess, I didn't even realise they had increased the number of beast tribe quests you could do each day. That said, given bomb chair can fly now, I may need to go to town on Kobold quests.

A change of pace would certainly be nice. I'm aware that they can only divert limited resources, but the Ixal beastman tribe was a really nice change of pace from the standard "go here, kill this, talk to her, interact with X" fare we get.

I'd really like a gathering set of quests - possibly focusing on collectibles. The major issue would be dying a lot due to all the high level enemies. That said, they had gathering for Ixal in Mordhona and Coerthas - including fishing next to level 50 malboro - so I don't see it as a real barrier. There are also plenty of empty islands to put nodes on. Could give you some beastman specific collectible abilities for use on those nodes only for those who don't have a 60 gatherer.

That said, unsure gathering collectibles is enough of an activity by itself, would have to do something with the materials. Could potentially have crafting collectibles also - and your gathering quality passes on to your initial crafting quality? I think that'd be a nice touch.

3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Why not have the nodes unmarked on the map so you have to find them by walking around? Maybe you're given an area in the zone as a clue and now you have to find it.

I would enjoy that, actually have to look for something that's not force fed to me on the mini map.

4. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Fine by me, although assuming you're using your low level mining abilities you'd be able to find them anyway. Ironically the low level players would have the advantage as the low level nodes would be the only ones they'd be able to see, unlike the higher level players.

That or their quests are treasure maps and you then need to do a digging minigame similar to gathering collectibles - you could get more reputation based on the quality of the treasure you manage to get? I love this idea and will now be upset when SE haven't done it.

5. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The abilities wouldn't work for them. Thus hidden!

And I actually dislike the collectibles portion of gathering, so for me the journey of finding something would be enough and actually fulfill a sense of adventure in the game.