Featured FFXIV News Beast Tribe Quests Preview

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by Jinzuku, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix
    [​IMG]
    The beast tribes are not always what they appear, and in today's patch 3.1 preview, you'll get a peek at a new quest series that will change the way you think about the Vanu Vanu.

Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quests
    The Vundu tribe, having summoned the primal Bismarck, wasted no time in establishing dominance over other Vanu Vanu tribes and claiming the Sea of Clouds as their own. The peaceful Zundu tribe continue to oppose their tyranny, however, and now seek the aid of an adventurer to help their people.

[​IMG]

After unlocking the beast tribe daily quests, players will be able to undertake several quests which change on a daily basis. By completing them, players can improve their reputation with the Vanu Vanu. At certain milestones, you will be given the opportunity to undertake main beast tribe quests, which are episodic quests that provide insight into the lives of the Vanu Vanu.

Beast Tribe Vendor
    By completing daily beast tribe quests and raising your reputation, you will be able to purchase various items such as furnishings, minions, and mounts.

[​IMG]

Fybrile likes this.
  2. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Oh boy, more beastman quests...

I wonder if we can do all that become available or if it's locked behind and arbitrary number again.

"Adventurerer we need your help and quick! But you can only help us 3-12 times a day, even if we have more tasks that need your assistance. Oh and you can't help any of the other tribes after either, because wr all talk about you and decided you can't help all of us in equal amounts. Why? Uhhh reasons..."

Carbonyl, Jinzuku and Elivercury like this.
  3. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Hope it a gathering one and I can get their dance lol

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I somehow doubt it's gathering, but I want the dance too! They did say we can get it... I hate beast tribe dailies but I want the dance :dead:

5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

I wanted the dance from the first time I entered their village in Sea of Clouds... alas, if it's a beastman quest then I'l likely never see it T__T

6. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    ^ Basically.

Unless you can get it relatively early on in the quests, anyway, lol. The only beast tribe I ever finished ranking up was the Ixali, because I wanted Ehcatl Sealant back when they sold for a ton of money. Incidentally, those Ehcatl Sealants are the entire reason I'm not broke, and now that they're worthless, I'm guarding my hoard of gil like a jealous dragon. Like a jealous dragon with a very small hoard compared to all the real crafters and gatherers.

7. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

I'll grant yo the first half but the second half could be explained easily enough with something like: since the beast tribes don't get along with each other they wouldn't want your help if you helped one of the others and they can't tell by the way you smell or the such.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't at least try to explain it and could be better at making it more complex by allowing you to choose. I'm just neither condemning nor condoning it since its part of the MMO formula.

Jinzuku likes this.
  8. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The Tempered beasttribes don't get along. The Untempered I don't see having a problem with it, especially since there is a joint quest upon completing the 2.0 ones.

There's no explanation in lore that will ever satisfy me. It would have been better if you could do as many quests as they offered that day, it's an arbitrary limit meant for nothing other than elongating the whole process. GW2, a Pay to Play model has a better Daily quest system.

9. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

With the Ixtal there were some that were easier to complete than others, such as some that were dependent on fishing, so i could see why having more than one type would make it optimal that way anyone could max it out for the day regardless of their class. I've actually only done the Ixtal quests for crafting purposes so i'd be interested in hearing about the other beast quests. Do their quests get divided into some that would be easier for DPS than for healers or tanks? If they're all the same then yeah its pretty arbitrary.

10. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The others all range from Fetch this, Beat this Fate, Interact with this NPC and of course Kill quests. Nothing particularly memoral or special about them save for their actual Story Missions. So in the end it's pretty arbitrary, it would have been nice if they did things based on job type and split them up that way, maybe even with rewards benefitting that style of job play more.

Sadly it's all pretty watered down questlines.

11. The only beastman tribe quest I have at max rank is the Ixali because I wanted the gloves and the sealants to make all my crafting offhand weapons and artisan crafting gear.

I really don't see myself doing that again for a mount. :shifty:"

12. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Masamune
    Sorry for not reading the comments above. I just wanted to quickly, in the middle of a work meeting, to express how freaking glad I am for new beastman dailies!!!

Beastman dailies are a hell of a lot more interesting and dynamic than DF roulettes. Sure, some people might think they're arduous or repetitive, but I like them. I like that they're different each day. I like that I get to use my skills to complete them, and to plan my own path for completing them. I like that you can get them one day, save them over night, and do them all the next day unlike every other daily element in this game. I like that they're rooted in lore. I like that if you don't want to do it, you don't have to. I like that I get titles and a mount to show off that I've done them all. I like that they give me purpose for logging in each day beyond the masochism of duty finder parties. I like that there's no tokens. I like that there's an END, a state at which I can say: "I have completed this, and SE will not continue to dangle it like a carrot on a stick in front of my face for the next 5 content patches". I like everything about them. And, with the additional daily allotments, it should be easier than ever to complete. Kudos to SE for adding more. Can't wait for other beastman dailies after the Vanu Vanu. And to those that hate Beastman dailies, /shrug. Whatever. I can't wait for them!

13. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I do like that you have all that lore, and I probably would have done more of them if not for the arbitrary limit SE set on how many you can do in a day from all 4(Now 5) beast tribes available. Honestly, that's the only thing that keeps me from doing it, or I'd be logging in and doing every single quest I possibly could for them every gods damned day.

As you said, way more interesting than the face roll simplicity of dungeons.

14. Tyo Ganajai

Tyo Ganajai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Bryn
    Yeah, didn't much care for the hard cap. Give me diminishing returns sure, but telling me "You can only do X, then go away" not so much.

15. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Masamune
    WoWs version of dailies was 25 per week. Which i liked a lot more.

racooperii likes this.
  16. Tyo Ganajai

Tyo Ganajai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Bryn
    Weeklies aren't so bad just because there isn't that feeling of missing out because you had to miss 2 or 3 or 6 days of playing

17. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Masamune
    They were still daily quests, so you would still miss out if you didnt log in one day. You could just do more in a day, rather than have to log in each day to be limited by a cap. SE's version has more quests cumulatively per week, but you have to log in and do them all each day to get that cumulative total. Blizzards version I can login any time that week and work towards my cap all at once if I want to amoungst all the factions. Or, I can log in every day and focus on one faction. The ability to choose how I did dailies was nice, and would be welcome in FFXIV.

racooperii likes this.
  18. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix
    Remember that there will be another set of beast tribe dailies coming at a later date in the way of the Gnath.

19. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Masamune
    Here you go SE, Ill help you identify factions I'd love to build reputation with and would happily do dailies for:

1. Moogles
    2. Elementals
    3. Any hamlet
    4. Little Ala Mhigo (a hamlet, but deserves the special mention)
    5. Revenants Toll
    6. Chocobo Breeders
    7. Doman Refugees
    8. Black Shroud Wildlings
    9. The Seedseers
    10. The Zodiac Braves (or whatever that company of retired heroes you met in the 2.0 MQS was called )
    11. Pirates
    12. The Brass Blades
    13. Stonesthrow Refugees
    14. The Ironworks
    15. Ishgard (since its not a starting city state)
    16. Spriggans
    17. Goblins

racooperii likes this.
  20. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix
    Moogles makes the most sense I think, as the current formula seems to be species that have/can summon a primal. As the Moogles summoned their Good King Moogle then I guess they would qualify. Not saying the others couldn't be done, they would just have to change the formula.