Australian/Singaporean based players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gosu, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Gosu

Gosu Newbie

Which server?
  2. LadyLuck

LadyLuck Member

I went to the cactuar server (I'm Australian) but I was reading other posts like this, a couple said the Australians were going to Adamantoise and another said they were going to JP server Tonberry.

The way I figure is there's always going to be a lot of players, so I picked the name I liked. Even while playing in Australian times it's not going to be dead.
  3. Ace

Ace Newbie

4. YinYang

YinYang Member

My husband and I (Australians) went to the Behemoth server.

I read on our Oceania FFXIV forum that most Australians/Oceanic people are going to: Masamune (JP Legacy); Tonberry (JP New); Sargatanas (NA Legacy) and Behemoth (NA New).

The Japanese servers can be a bit tricky, especially if you plan to play for a longer time because after the hype/excitement of the game will die down, English speaking people on Japanese servers might quit or move to other servers. Of course, that wouldn't be such a problem if you know Japanese.

For us personally, the NA servers seemed as a safer bet. We also didn't really want to play with mostly Legacy players so Behemoth was the obvious choice for us. On Behemoth there are at least 2 or 3 Oceanic linkshells/FCs. We like Behemoth so far :)
  5. ZynTael

ZynTael New Member

http://oceania.guildwork.com/

The unofficial servers were decided a while back, but of course there will be Australian players all over. If ping/latency is an issue, I recommend Tonberry. Tonberry now has a fairly high-population of English speakers who play in the GMT+8-10 (ish) timezone. My English-speaking guild is 400+ members, and I know of several other English-speaking guilds.
  6. Gosu

Gosu Newbie

Thanks for the response guys.

You mean to say that there are already players playing on these servers before launch? Or do you mean they are heading there once the game launches.

Do you think there will be any ping issues?

Cheers.
  7. YinYang

YinYang Member

Yes, some of the players already played on those servers during Open Beta and we will be playing on them also during Early Access. Plus there will be many more heading there after the official launch as well. The servers are all down at the moment and have been down since the 19th.

Depends on your ping for each server. If the difference between the ping is high, say over 100 or over 200, then there might be some issues. If the difference between them is small, then there shouldn't be any issues. In our case, the difference between JP server ping and NA server ping was around 65 with the JP server being the higher one. Nevertheless, we chose NA, we played during Open Beta and the ping was perfectly fine, no issues at all.
  8. Alicia Brights

Alicia Brights New Member

An English speaking Oceanic FC based in Tonberry looking to recruit more members!

PST to FC leaders for invite:
    GM: Ashelia Dalmasca
    Leader: Alicia Brights
    Leader: Mikasa Jaeni
    Leader: Mystia Lorelei

https://www.facebook.com/groups/crystalscall/

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  9. Shazam

Shazam Member

since the first unofficial server is locked which is tonberry, the secondary is Tiamat as unofficial server of SEA/Oceania.
    http://oceania.guildwork.com/
  10. Gosu

Gosu Newbie

Yup I reckon there should be more than 1 Ocaenic server.. Tiamat it is.