Arcanist Arcanist Skills & Traits

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Helba, Aug 10, 2013.

1. poisonova

poisonova Member

Yeah I think it was expansions that added all that. But I do bet they will release a lot of little expansion/content updates
  2. VersatileMojo27

VersatileMojo27 Member

@Helba what will we being seeing in this guide, exactly?
  3. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

Upon release I'll try my best to keep it updated with current information and DD rotations/tactics etc.
  4. Taintedone

Taintedone Member

I'll try to help out Helba. If I see anything Helba missed ill update.
    Helba likes this.
  5. VersatileMojo27

VersatileMojo27 Member

After leveling CNJ and THM, i have four DoTs: Aero, Thunder, Bio, Miasma. On a passive enemy, i cast miasma, then aero, then bio, then thunder starting at max distance. Emerald carbuncle usually blasts them away to cast thunder with ease. It's after this time that i cast ruin until my DoTs need to be reapplied. Sustain is usually granted immediately before this second wave of DoT. At 50, ill probably start my casts with Shadow flare in order to grant more time to cast and to possibly substitute Topaz--this is if slow helps aptly to replace the need for Emerald
  6. Finnalie

Finnalie Member

Just curious why you'd like to replace Emerald? It does more DPS than Topaz. Although Ifrit-Egi will do more DPS than both Garuda + Titan it seems.
  7. VersatileMojo27

VersatileMojo27 Member

Topaz gets aggro (more enmity); more time to cast and to reapply DoTs
  8. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

It's all situational. Ifrit won't always do more then garuda. Their skills are about the same per potency. Ifrit is just going to me more melee damage and garuda will be magic damage. So just depends on enemies resistances.
    VersatileMojo27 and Helba like this.
  9. VersatileMojo27

VersatileMojo27 Member

I posted on the archer forum without receiving an answer yet, but i want to know whether Venomous Bite from archer can be applied to arcanist. The info ive seen on the forums were outdated from pre-phase 4.
  10. Finnalie

Finnalie Member

Ah sorry I thought you meant you were going to replace Emerald with Topaz, not the other way around, which was why I was confused lol.

Garuda main attack: 100 potency
    Knockback w/ 90 potency (90s cd)
    AoE 90 potency (30s cd)
    Extend your DoTs by 15sec (60s cd)

Ifrit main attack: 120 potency
    Stun w/ 105 potency (40s cd)
    AoE 105 potency (30s cd)
    Shield w/ 50 potency every time struck for 20s (60s cd)

Ifrits main attack is 20 potency stronger (Garuda is only 15 stronger than Titan), AoE is 15 potency stronger, and has a stun with 15 potency stronger on a cd less than half of the knockback. The DoT ability does seem nice.. but really all that does is extend your Ruin spam which is the weakest nuke in the game, while Ifrits shield could add up to a lot of damage depending on if AoEs count to proc, depending on the fight, etc.

Overall Ifrit wins for DPS, with Garuda being best for movement heavy fights or ranged fights. Garudas ability to extend dots IS nice.. but I don't think it adds up to the amount of DPS Ifrit has over her for everything else. It certainly won't be a landslide, but for DPS intensive fights.. the choice is Ifrit. I also am skeptical that they would create fights that cater to melee versus magic damage as they already won't include elemental weaknesses to alienate a certain class from a fight.. making it lean towards melee would alienate all the casters and vice versa.
  11. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Still there will be more mobs in game with physical resistance then magical. Hence why everyone believes BLM will be top DPS. So there will be fights where garuda is better. Like i said it's all situational.
    VersatileMojo27 likes this.