Anyone play Stardew Valley?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Lord Tristem, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    If so feel free to post pictures of your farm. This is mine as of Year 1 Summer 15
    [​IMG]

superpotato likes this.
  2. superpotato

superpotato Crystal Brave

Server:
    Moogle
    I love this game! Next time I play I will try and take a screenshot!

Lord Tristem likes this.
  3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I've been hard debating if I want to get this game. I'm such a fan of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory that I could easily let this game consume all my free time...

4. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Join...us.... Join...us! One of us.... one...of...us...

superpotato likes this.
  5. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I've been debating it too! It looks so charming and fun but I've never played Harvest Moon or Rune Factory and I'm afraid it might just feel like a long chore list... I have no idea what the magic ingredient is to make me feel like a chore-based game is fun. Probably achievement? I don't know. Animal Crossing got boring to me after a month or two but The Sims used to hold me for years on end.

I can't decide but I'm leaning towards getting it after I finish Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and just modding the hell out of it lol

6. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    whydideveryonestopgushingIwanttoseeeverybodygushingbecauseitproduceshappyfeelingseverybodycomebackandgushaboutthissupercharminggame

7. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm took busy playing lol.

I've got myself a silo, coop and working on 10 3x3 plots. I haven't socialized much, but that's really what the winter is for, so I'm growing flowers to give as gifts and will become beloved by the end of the 2nd year! Harvest Moon tactics still work!

I'll try to take a screenshot of my farm at some point.

Lord Tristem likes this.
  8. superpotato

superpotato Crystal Brave

Server:
    Moogle
    >-< Been so busy with IRL work and trying to find the end of the mines! Just saying that this game eats up my free time xD

Lord Tristem and racooperii like this.
  9. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Between this and the Division I don't have enough time for games!

Getting ready to invest in some quality sprinklers or maybe just upgrade my water can. I'd rather wait till I can get the iridium sprinklers to invest in.

Lord Tristem likes this.
  10. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    I'm getting to the first winter now. Gonna spend it redesigning my farm layout, exploring the mines, and purchasing some of the farm buildings.

superpotato likes this.
  11. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Year 2 Spring for me. Working on 25 fields all equipped with quality sprinklers and I've completed 2 of the community center bundles.

Working on saving up to get some animals and some fruit trees going.

superpotato likes this.
  12. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I got it
    I'm five days in
    I have no idea what I'm doing
    Halp

(Am I supposed to clear everything on my property? Like... chop down all the trees too? How will I get trees again later on? I'm totally setting things up ultra-stupid-like and can't tell...)

Lord Tristem likes this.
  13. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Start by clearing only a small part of the field (like the area right in front of your house), till some crop rows with your hoe and then plant the parsnips Lewis gave you, after which be sure to water them everyday until harvest time. That should get you started.

racooperii likes this.
  14. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Like @Lord Tristem said start with clearing a 3x3 area to make your first field. There's a reason why to do it as a 3x3 area.

You need to hoe the soil and and then plant the seeds. Water them every day and after 4 days you'll have plants to sell.

I would personally recommend hitting the shop at 9am and buying more seeds. Potatoes are the best, harvest in six days and can give double yield.

Get 50 wood to build a chest.

You also want to grow at least one Parsnip, Green Bean, cauliflower and potatoe for something that unlocks later. And if you can save 5 Gold Star Parsnips.

Don't do more fields than you can handle though at most with basic gear I'd say 8 fields can be run comfortably and give you time for other activities.

Once your daily watering is done, wander around talk to people and forage in the woods to the south. Again save one of every you forage.

15. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I basically ran out of stuff to do at first. Didn't want to blow all my money on more seeds, kept waiting to learn how to make fertilizer (gave in and planted two new beds and then learned it that night—god damn it), couldn't find jack s**t foraging, couldn't find half the townies either. I think I'm foraging wrong. I found some plants in the ground and some corals and... that's it? Not many of either.

16. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    So I can't figure out how to move anything and I hear you can't move buildings at all. Now I'm afraid I'm going to put stuff down in a really stupid spot and not realize it until it's far too late :arghh:

I found this farm planner thing online but it doesn't help me if I don't know what makes a smart layout...

;-;
    Stress lol

17. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Foraging is RNG, some days I get nothing some days I get 20 HQ things.

Fishing is a good way to make money early on while waiting for crops, but it takes getting used to.

I'm just now putting up buildings and I'm in Summer year 2. I'd put it off till you have a better idea of what you're going to do with the farm.

Within the first week the mines open up. I suggest going in and gathering copper, you'll need it.

18. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    o7
    So other than mining on rainy days, foraging and talking to people, and growing seasonal crops... what should I be doing? (We shall not speak of fishing. Omg f**k fishing minigames.) Waiting on buildings means waiting on animals, but should I be planting fruit trees or trying to unlock stuff like the jam preserver (not sure how except by playing for a while)?

19. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    You unlock crafting recipes as you level up your skills.

Pickling is a great way to make normal quality items worth bank. Kegs also...well anything that makes artisan items.

Honestly if all you want to do is mine then Mine. My brother fishes 90%of the time.

20. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Lol ok. I actually don't find the mines particularly fun, it's just something to do on rainy days. I'd rather be tending plants but then I run out of energy and there's nothing left to do anyway... I want to be growing things XD I can't pickle anything yet. Wonder what skill I have to level up to get that.