Anyone know how to successfully pre-order CE (Digital) from Asia?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhkim85, Jun 26, 2013.

1. rhkim85

rhkim85 Adventurer

Just curious.

And also: If I simply used an American credit card to buy something from Amazon or any other site offering a pre-order on the CE digital download, will they block me from downloading it due to having a non-US IP?

Any insight or help appreciated, thanks.

2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Did you have an account in 1.0, or are you starting brand new with ARR?

As for downloading the client, you will get a warning email when you login to your account for the first time, in which they assume someone is trying to hack your account. You will have to reset your password, then everything will be fine, and you won't have to reset your password again until you IP address changes (sometimes might occur randomly if you're using a dynamic IP). But, they won't region lock of over playing the game, or downloading it, so long as your credit card matches your region. I know this first hand.

3. rhkim85

rhkim85 Adventurer

I will be starting brand new with ARR, but from what you're saying:

If I use an American credit card to purchase the digital download copy from, let's say Amazon, I will be able to download it here in Asia but will have to change my password repeatedly if I am on a dynamic IP? This could be a problem, because I normally play MMOs in PC Cafes here in Korea - and they all use dynamic IP. I suppose I'll have to find out one way or the other; thanks for the insight Fybrile.