Any way to know server population?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jendion, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Jendion

Jendion Member

Does anyone know if there's going to be a way to tell the server population when the game launches? I usually tend to try and play on lower population servers, so it'd be nice to know which ones those are. I imagine, though, since the game is just launching, every server will be filled to the brim with players. >_<
  2. Fate

Fate Member

The lower populated servers are higher on the list. At least that's how it was when open beta kicked off. The first servers to be locked were always on the bottom (Gilgamesh, Leviathan, Behemoth). So it's pretty safe to say it's a good indication.
  3. Jendion

Jendion Member

Thanks for the response, mate. Wasn't sure if there was something, like in World of Warcraft, that told you if the population of the server was Full - High - Medium - Low.
  4. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Im thinking they made it less obvious so people wouldnt flock to high pop servers, I know its what I always do. I waa to slow to get into Gilgamesh :(, so I went with my back up choice of Midgarsomr, Im pretty sure it filled up by the end of the first day though.
  5. Jendion

Jendion Member

I thought Goblin was pretty low pop because all the other servers were locked out but I had to wait in a queue before I could log into Goblin. >_<
  6. skitzin89

skitzin89 Newbie

This whole shut off server entirely thing is complete and utter garbage. If they left it alone people will migrate to other servers naturally like the have done in every other mmo when they get sick of the waiting times etc.
  7. tokasmo

tokasmo Active Member

Either way u cut it a server can only old so much so they have to cut it off sometimes
  8. Finnalie

Finnalie Member

I think it is good they are trying to balance servers, and they are fairly quick to lock (and unlock) servers as populations raise. That said they added a couple new servers this go around, so Faerie is probably your best bet for a low population server for NA right now. Come release you'll see even more servers added though.