Any Oceanic Players Around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daitana, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    I haven't decided where to take my LS yet, servers at the moment are all open for consideration.
    Just wondering if there are any other Oceanic players around? Or if anyone knows which server has been nominated an unofficial Oceanic server?

Fybrile likes this.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Been waiting for this thread. I'm on Oceanic time (more or less), so I'm interested in seeing where this is going. I know there's an FC called Oceanic, but it's way too overpopulated for me. Looking forward to seeing the replies in this one.

3. I did some digging and found this: http://oceania.guildwork.com/ on Lux Chrystalis' FC page.

For JP servers, the unofficial Oceania servers are Masamune (Legacy) and Tonberry and for NA servers it's Sargantanas (Legacy) and Behemoth.

Hope this helps.

Little Pet and Fybrile like this.
  4. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    Both Legacy, eh doesn't help so much but thanks for the info.
    I'll check it out and see how this thread goes.

5. Tonberry and Behemoth are both new servers.

6. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    Ah I didn't see. I'll do some research to see where majority of the players are at, chances are it won't effect where I play. But it'd be good to know we have a decent playerbase.

7. Where in Oceania do you reside, if you don't mind me asking? I would assume a JP server would be best for latency issues, but an NA server might be better if you don't speak Japanese.

8. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    I'm Australian, so the JP servers won't exactly help much at all.

9. Oh yeah, I fail at geography.

Behemoth is probably your best bet for a new NA server then. I'd keep an eye on the LS/FC section of the forums to see if anything Aussie/Oceanic pops up.

Good luck, bud.

10. Vell

Vell Adventurer

I live in Japan (same time zone as Oceania) and speak Japanese, but I am still playing on the new NA Oceanic server, Behemoth, since I really don't want to go to work all day speaking Japanese only to come home and play my games in Japanese as well.

11. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    Behemoth huh? Cheers.

12. GenRiur

GenRiur Crystal Brave

Im in Sydney. Connection was better on Tonberry JP however will probably go Behemoth as I can not trust that there will be enough OCeanic players on a JP server to make it enjoyable at all time. I would like to communicate well with people if I am in a random party rather than auto translate constantly.

13. Little Pet

Little Pet Crystal Brave

I'm in this LS and we have about 15 or so Aussies/NZ who have signed up and are keen to play. I know I'm in the FC and I only have 3 level 50's - we are very newbie friendly and enjoy messing about and having fun on work nights, and most proper planned raiding is on the weekend. ^.^

We are on Sargatanas which - to my understanding - is the unofficial oceanic server from the legacy servers ^.^

~ Just if no one has made up their mind yet ^.^

14. nz_chic

nz_chic Crystal Brave

Im in New Zealand but when I signed up after clicking New Zealand under Oceania it came up Europe lol.

15. Little Pet

Little Pet Crystal Brave

For FFXIV? Yeah ~ Oceania is considered Europe :p
    But the codes for things are universal ^.^ So Huzzah!

<-- I'm in Sydney - are you on the North or South Island? :joyful: Can I ask that?

16. Falchetto

Falchetto Adventurer

Check the "Avalanche" linkshell on the (JP) Tonberry server, there are plenty of english speaking players in your same timezone.
    Too bad im in EU or i would play there. :(

17. Daitana

Daitana Adventurer

Server:
    Kujata
    I'm from Perth WA, i'm still undecided the whole JP thing turns me off Tonberry tbh. But I guess i'd have to play to see for myself. I'll test on OB. Are all the servers located at the same place? Will it effect my ping at all I mean.

18. Little Pet

Little Pet Crystal Brave

Yeah, from what I've read - and our (being our fc) decision to stay on Sargatanas and not move to masamune (unofficial legacy jp server for English speaking) is because the lag (from Sydney and Tasmania) to the Montreal server adds about 100 - 150 to our ping to Japan.
    So ultimately its not a dramatic difference. Also, duty finder limits you to your own data centre. So if we moved to a JP server, we are definitely a minority - and won't have any opportunity to bump into old friends on the NA server.
    And - I'm sorry to ramble - a lot of us in Lux Crystalis enjoy a smaller FC because it enables an environment that becomes close over time and not everyone is always coming or going. Plus who wants to work in a game after spending all day at work? I'd much rather hang out with my mates on mumble and do stupid spontaneous things (like a 4 man WHM team trying to kill little iffy) (going to Costa de Sol to take screenshots for Menphina) (or breaking in to the beastman camps)

^.^

My point... umm... ???

19. Little Pet

Little Pet Crystal Brave

Oh, to answer your question. There are 2 data centre's - one in Montreal and the other in Japan. ^.^
    If you end up trying out Sargatanas hit me up! ^.^

20. Koryn_Arcus

Koryn_Arcus Crystal Brave

Squee! Happy to see this thread here!

If I may I would love to invite all of you to check us out on Sargatanas! Yes it is legacy, but that comes with some cool perks too, we will have an established economy and our company has experienced players including crafting and gathering leveled. We love to help each other out and would get a kick out of helping you get a head start too, whether it be leveling, raiding making you some armor ect.

I personally promise to smite anyone who tries to act elitist over legacy status or try to make your playtime miserable.

As LP said we have the benefit of being on an English speaking server so we get to mingle with NA and EU people as well and from experience playing 1.0 there was usually night owls from NA playing that you can party with if you need a PUG or to fill in some blanks.

Aww man I dunno what I can say to really sell it but WE WANT YOU!

I guess I could at fudge some figures and say we already have more oceanians in our company than the number of oceanians who have voted on the guildwork poll to congregate on the new NA server Behemoth and 15% of the number of people who voted to go to JP Masamune AND we are not in the minority regarding language barriers.

*speaking for myself here: Nothing wrong with JP players or speaking Japanese... I'm just not that clever and fearful of a divided community being a minority on a non English speaking server*

/grovel