Any awesome macros for PLD out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alderon, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Alderon

Alderon Crystal Brave

I've come to understand that macros help do multiple things at once or even make a multi-step process go smoother. Just wanted to know if anyone else came up with more creative ones. I currently have one macro, titled "Boost!" I know it's a bit lame lol
    It consists of:
    /ac Rampart <me>
    /wait 1
    /ac Sentinel <me>
    /wait 1
    /ac "fight or flight" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ac awareness <me>

2. Renki

Renki Adventurer

I would not recomend using macros like this for tanking late in game content. Having the freedome to spread our abilities out and use when necessesary is very important. If you blow all at once you Kay get screwed if your left with them all on CD. Also you need to have /wait 2.5

3. Alderon

Alderon Crystal Brave

I'm just trying to get a feel for the system, but I do agree with you on that. Testing different combos to see what I like and what can be improved upon.

4. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

I often forget to use Fight or Flight...
    So I add it to my Fast Blade macro :oops:

5. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

Meh to macros. 2.5 second GCD, if you need a macro, you're doing it wrong.

6. Carsickness

Carsickness Adventurer

Fluttersnipe is right... 2.5 seconds is more then enough time to react without the need for macros.
    The only time I use macros is for skills that i'm going to pair together immediately anyways.
    So Fight or flight paired with bloodbath for example. Because using bloodbath alone is just silly.

7. Grembo

Grembo Crystal Brave

If guys can pull a target, mark it and tell the party to focus on that target it all within 2.5s that's pretty cool, personally I don't see the point when you can do it all with one key press.

8. Carsickness

Carsickness Adventurer

I'm thinking that pairing all three of your combo abilities (fast blade+savage blade+rage of halone) in a single macro might be nice too. That way if you need to type anything out, you could just use that and buy you some time.
    And it might be better to use /wait 2.4 instead of 2.5 since the game allows for you to activate the skill earlier then it is ready. Less delay this way :)

9. Grembo

Grembo Crystal Brave

Having tried this I can tell you it's not worth it, if the second hit misses then the macro will still do the third hit regardless where the better option would be to start over.

10. Carsickness

Carsickness Adventurer

ahhh ok. Good point

11. Sword

Sword Scion

Agreed you really screw yourself if you use all your Defensive buffs in one round, but you don't need them set 2.5 seconds apart they don't share the GCD. Although it usually is worth it if you combine Fight or Flight and Bloodbath together since their recasts are close together and you get more out of Bloodbaths effect with the boost in damage.

Additionally most PLD's should probably not be using abilities consecutively, you have just enough time to use abilities between each GCD move, utilize this time to maximize damage, and be sure to start with the longest duration abilities first. IE: Fast Blade> Fight or Flight (30secs) > Savage Blade> Bloodbath (15secs) > Rage of Halone or... Fast> Spirits Within > Savage Blade > Circle of Scorn > Rage of Halone.

Oh and here's My only Macros for PLD.
    Hate Combo:
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Savage Blade" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Rage of Halone" <t>

MP Combo:
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Riot Blade" <t>