Featured FFXIV News Anima Weapons Preview

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by Jinzuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix
    [​IMG]
    An adventurer is only as fierce as their blade. With greater challenges ever on the horizon, the search for greater weapons is seemingly never-ending. Today's preview offers a peek at the anima weapon, whose strength will ensure the tide of battle is set in your favor.

Anima Weapons
    A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anima, an essence he considers to be a reflection of the soul. Through a chance encounter with the master craftsman Gerolt, he and the legendary blacksmith have joined forces to create a weapon the likes of which the realm has never seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Be sure to check out the other additions to patch 3.15 on the patch 3.1 special site.
    (http://sqex.to/wPL)     

Choochoobo likes this.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Wait, isn't this the story of the previous relic too? o_O

racooperii and daztora like this.
  3. daztora

daztora Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    We will see about that when the quest's start haha, I'm calling flying atma fate's!

Pretty much, this guy Is probably the other guy's son or something for amazing continuity

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    And already disappointment is palpable in the realm.

Good thing I was expecting this and not at all having a glimmer of hope for something original from Square Soft...oh wait that company was....this is Square Enix masters of rehashing and recycling everything!

Edit: How hard would it be really to have our Job Mentors give us a quest and go deeper into the lore of our Jobs? Even if it was another f*cking fate grind at least make the flavor text behind it INTERESTING!!!

GeekMatt likes this.
  5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Relic quest line

Pre-relic > relic > Zenith > Atma > Animus > Nexus > Zodiac > Zeta > Anima (3.15) > Enema (3.2)

3.2 is where they start being straight with us!

6. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Nothing straight about an Enema.

But seriously, we had to wait for the exact same quest line with Gerolt again? I have no motivation to just Collect more Souls again.

Give me a purpose or a mission, dress up the fact I'm doing useless collection with an update interesting job specific story... Not Gerolt needs salt from X dungeon, go fetch.

#lazydevteam

Carbonyl likes this.
  7. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

This was a golden opportunity to delve more into the classes with some sort of history on these new weapons and lore about their relationship to the classes.

For a game that wanted to do away with the copy paste of the first iteration they are doing a smash up job of copying everything they have already done.

Crimson Requiem and racooperii like this.
  8. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

Gerolt needs more salt because he never listened to his mother and habitually puts salt in his eyes.

daztora and racooperii like this.
  9. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Oh but Gerolt had a New Assistant this time. That makes this a new fresh story!

Behold as they need you to collect items that are given no real explanation for their existence to create the most powerful weapon in Eorzea, until Gerolts next new assistant telling you they can make it EVEN MORE POWERFUL! Embark on the endless Fetch/Kill quests that do nothing to hide the grind. Sit in awe and wonder as your trainers, masters of the lore and skills of your job sit idly by!

Brought to you from the people who made FFXIV An Errand Reborn come FFXIV An Errand Rehashed!

Crimson Requiem and daztora like this.
  10. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

LOL that's funny, yeah I am just not feeling it from this game anymore which is sad because its beautiful and the class stories are amazing but I have to say the subscription is not worth the limited story time for the interesting class stories

Crimson Requiem likes this.
  11. Grupt

Grupt Loremaster

Server:
    Cerberus
    i was all "ENEMA SOUNDS AWESOME ..RUNNING AROUND WITH MY SICK ENEMA FISTS..wait.....god dam *FACEPALM*"
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2015 ---
    WAIT...I gotta do 3 weapons...why am I happy ..I should be crying

12. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I hope you guys have stocked up with Tier IV materia, ready for overmelds failures! :laugh:
    Most of my friends have purchased over 3 stacks of those, ready to make a fortune when the prices increase by 3 folds!

13. Not looking forward to farming materia again. XD

14. daztora

daztora Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    By that time, the Tier V Materia might actually be relevant, and more widely available for the weapons and not just crafter bait ( 5 mil per materia lol )

15. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'll just farm Diadem for it:p

16. MasterBox

MasterBox Crystal Brave

Server:
    Zalera
    Already farming.. :D

17. MasterBox

MasterBox Crystal Brave

Server:
    Zalera
    People keep saying this is the patch for tonight.

Is this true?
    Did I miss something?

18. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix