Amusing thoughts on Magic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lucius Tinger, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Which Type of Magic do you enjoy the most?

1. Dark

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Light

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Death

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Enchantment/Mental

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Fire

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Water

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Cold

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  10. Lightning

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucius Tinger

Lucius Tinger Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    After much thought I wondered if we mixed together magic from different games and TV shows and movies what could we come up with if we implemented their restrictions as well.? So no death with life, and no Lightning with earth you see? Also no ninjustu from naruto -_o as thats not magic and Ki blasts from Dragonball series and anything not considered inherently magic. Magic objects are allowed though like Zatchbell dolls as the books even say "SPELLBOOKS" so without further ado lets have at it!!

2. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Where's my wind @ :(
    Hehe
    voted

3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    What about summoning magic, like Ifrit, Shiva etc?

4. Lucius Tinger

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Ok I guess I forgot the little details as well[I'm not perfect gawd!! ;)]

Reply to @Ish first-Wind could be created using both Earth and Life as Earth is not only Soil and rocks but the essence of earth[ground would be best option I guess] but you could also use it to create plants if you used life+earth+water see? I guess its your objective on how you want to cast it such of that if you wanted to cast water would you just conjure a puddle or a torrent of water from your catalyst or would you use the water element to conjure up a blade made purely of the element water? Its how you think is how the magic best used I guess. I hope that answered your question @Ish ^_^

Reply to @Jinzuku-I think either Dark/Light or Death/Life would suitable for whatever summons element would be correct? Also again with my answer towards Ish magic is mainly in the intent of how you wish to summon. Theres also the ritual component there where you could create a symbol ingrained with that summons energy then you could channel the elements through that symbol in order to call them into our plane.

5. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Makes sense, i was just thinking like the 4 elements, earth, water, air and Fire, lol
    But it does make sense what you are saying

6. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
  7. Lucius Tinger

Server:
    Brynhildr
    -@Ish Yeah i'd thought of this concept for a good bit. Game designers use basically the same table and made a new magic type called"Fun" which is inherently harmless unless a human sized gummy bear is mixed with fire and earth"Explosive" then things escalate quite fast.

@Caimie Tsukino Yes. Yes you do. "hands her a glass of water" thirsty? "then hands her a gummy bear and closes her hand around it and looks into her eyes" You know what to do with this "glances at @Ish and @Lord Tristem".

Ish likes this.
  8. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
  9. Lucius Tinger

Server:
    Brynhildr
    o_O ok."puts the confetti cannon away in @praysolace 's shed.

10. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    lol
    This be why i like this forum

Jinzuku likes this.
  11. Lucius Tinger

Server:
    Brynhildr
    "Rolls a towel up and casts water and fire on for steam then pops Ish in the back of the knee giggles and uses water fire and dark for a smokebomb vanish"

12. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
  13. Lucius Tinger

Server:
    Brynhildr
    "Uses same towel over Earth and Water for wood then casts fire on it for a campfire then uses the steamed towel to make the smoke signs-L-O-L-" BAM!!! OLD SCHOOL TEXTING!!! [see what I meant by amusing thoughts on magic? poorshk!!Mind blown!]