Alternate Download (.torrent) for (8/23/13) patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helba, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

2. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Though you're able to download it from the launcher. No need for a torrent.
  3. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Active Member

is this even necessary? and wouldnt the trading of SE intellectual content be considered a violation of the EULA or TOS whatever they call it? im sure its frowned upon either way. i wouldnt risk it
  4. Cynessae

Cynessae Active Member

I don't see what's wrong with the launcher. It downloaded perfectly fine...but, that's just me...
  5. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

Well in case you are wondering, mine keeps breaking on update. Which is actually a fairly common issue if you've bothered to read through reddit, the lodestone, or similar forum sites.

This torrent is intended for those who can't get the launcher to patch, like myself.

I've tried every single fix that has been listed in those sites as well, so I'm looking for alternative methods after 20+ failures.
  6. Wykedtron

Wykedtron Member

I downloaded from the beginning (7g?) and then today (a little over a gig) at 1.79MBS from the client.
  7. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

Updated original post for reasoning and sources.

No this isn't illegal, no this doesn't infringe upon SE's rights.
    Wykedtron likes this.
  8. Wykedtron

Wykedtron Member

Oh wow. Didn't realize there was a problem. Nice job Helba
    Helba and Sprite like this.
  9. Sprite

Sprite Active Member

Helba tries to help people with an issue and everyone gives Helba s**t for it.... Bravo guys. Bravo.
    Kredo and Helba like this.
  10. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

They edited the post and mentioned the reason why after we asked why.
    If they mentioned it in the post beforehand we wouldn't be asking why. Sense it seemed majority of the people here had working launchers.
  11. Sprite

Sprite Active Member

*Since
    Also, just because you didn't know the explicit details behind the alternate download doesn't mean you have to jump to the conclusion that what a long-term member of the community is being shady and sketchy. I believe the benefit of the doubt might be in order for your fellow Realmers. However, that's totally up to you. If you want to assume everyone is an evil jerk out to get you to commit felonious acts, then.... so be it.
  12. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Whatt? Lol I'm not even going to go there.
  13. Sprite

Sprite Active Member

If you're unable to read the rest of the thread, I'm not going to quote it for you.
  14. Karnage7474

Karnage7474 Newbie

Hey thx a lot for your help m8, one noob Question, If i have downloaded the version - before the 1 gig patch. using my utorrent...when i use your new link....and run it..it will pick up my old files and just check and then download only whats missing i guess? ( i assume ofc your link places the files in the same place my old torrent used...
  15. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

I'm honestly not so sure, this may be the case.
  16. skeerp

skeerp Newbie

There is a torrent of the unpatched game on reddit with 3x more seeders
    Why not just release a torrent of the patch?
    It Would save some of us from re-downloading the entire game. (What I am currently doing.)

50kbs dl speed....100 seeders, does everyone have upload limits or what?
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

I don't know, I didn't author the torrent, I used it.
  18. cryptte

cryptte Member

I think you're saying is that you used the torrent for the pre-early access patch and want to now use this new one and hope this will just add whats missing, then no it won't because they're different torrents. Changing the root folder for this torrent might work but I doubt it. You could just find the additional files in the Game folder with the updated boot files and download those alone. It should work if you can find all the necessary files. A little stressful but good alternative if you have a data limit or just can't wait to download it all over again.

Hope this helps, if you haven't downloaded it all over again.
    Helba likes this.
  19. Omigawd

Omigawd Newbie

Alright, got this all up, still can't get past the next update download, which is only like 1 GB, this is freaking ridiculous. Anyone have the new update available for download?
  20. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

thedirtyvirgin likes this.