Activation Code

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AMC0426, Apr 26, 2017.

1. AMC0426

AMC0426 New Member

Hello:

I'm thinking about selling my copies of 'A Realm Reborn and 'Heavensward' for the PS4 on ebay. They're in great condition. I've already used the Activation code for both. Can the Activation Code be used again if someone purchases it? If it can't, I would put a note in the description that the Activation Code has already been entered.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    As far as I know once an activation code is used and linked to an account it can't be re-used.

3. AMC0426

AMC0426 New Member

Ok thank you. Do you think it's wise to try to sell the disc and just put a disclaimer that the Activation Code has already been used?

4. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I can't imagine anyone would buy it as it's essentially a dead disc. The only good it would be if someone lost their disc but not their code.

If you did sell it I would imagine that the price wouldn't be worth the hassle.

This is all guesses by the way, I've not done this.

5. AMC0426

AMC0426 New Member

I would start off the auction at $.01. I wouldn't charge something outrageous for essentially a replacement disc. I had to stop playing FFXIV due to some financial burden I'm experiencing so I'd figure I'd try to get rid of them instead of collection dust.

I appreciate all your info and insight.

6. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    One thing I might suggest is try to find completed auctions for what you are selling. It'll give you an idea of what kind of money you can expect.