Arcanist ACN's DoT Macro

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Dox, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dox

Dox New Member

I have really enjoyed playing ACN in open Beta 4. I was able to level ACN to 20, plus THM & CON to 8 for each. Starting with Early Access I hope to write the following macro to help manage DoT spells. Please leave constructive comments and suggestions. If you have written other useful macros I would love to see them.

DoT Macro:

/ac Miasma <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac Bio <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac Thunder <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac Aero <t>
    /echo DoT Macro Finished

* I may need to adjust the 'wait' time of 2.5 sec.
    Elisar and Xak like this.
  2. Azrealle

Azrealle Member

This looks solid to me, mind you, without testing it is hard to know for sure. Does the game support "wait 2.5" rod you need to go a full "wait 3"? I haven't used macros for spells in 2.0 yet.
    Dox likes this.
  3. Dox

Dox New Member

This is a very good question, many thxs.

I did pull the '2.5' sec from this thread:
    http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/cross-class-macros.2324/
  4. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Try it on a practice dummy. In previous phases it truncated the decimal, although I remember reading patch notes saying small wait time commands were fixed, whatever that means. With 3 step action macro even with wait decimal truncated, 2 second then 3 second waits worked, because the game accepts action input .5 seconds before GCD is up. Your second action will queue on a 2 second wait just fine, and you catch up that half second you're ahead with the 3 second wait before the 3rd action.
    Eyroh, Dox and Azrealle like this.
  5. Azrealle

Azrealle Member

Very interesting that it queues that way, great tip Madrone!
  6. Dox

Dox New Member

:) Thanks for the suggestion. If my macro does not work I will try this:

/ac Miasma <t>
    /wait 2
    /ac Bio <t>
    /wait 3
    /ac Thunder <t>
    /wait 2
    /ac Aero <t>
    /echo DoT Macro Finished
    Azrealle likes this.
  7. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Looks good. Do macros cancel out if you have to emergency heal someone or anything?
  8. Dox

Dox New Member

I do believe a macro will be interrupted if an other action is performed.

Mr. Happy on YouTube has 2 vids on FFXIV macros:

9. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Only thing Id be worried about is if you get interrupted or have to cancel it. Then you have to have them on your bar individually anyways. Plus they don't all have the same durations. Might be useful on boss fights for initial attack but after that I'd prefer to do them separately but that's just me.
  10. Exire

Exire Active Member

Macros are helpful and have their uses, at most I'd have a macro for combos of 2 or 3 skills though. When you have a lot going on in one macro there's a higher likelihood of it being broken up by enemy attacks or some other emergency that could cause you to break it up. 7 seconds or so without being interrupted could be challenging in certain areas. Still you can still cast spells while moving, you do have to be sure it stays in your line of sight though. I seem to have had it happen sometimes where an enemy goes behind me while casting a spell and I get 'Interrupted'. This could be a solid macro, I'd be interested in testing it myself. Could be a lot worse, not like your adding Ruin, Energy Drain, and Virus to it as well. In later levels perhaps you could put all debuff skills in one macro to slow the progress on something that loses enmity from a tank.

Miasma
    Ruin II
    Virus

Plus wait times in there too. 40% Heavy, then Blind, and STR and DEX reduced 30%. Maybe, just thinking out loud. I guess you can add pet skills too, huh? Could add in Topaz Carbuncle's Storm, with it's 2s stun. I do wish controlling it was a bit easier though. My carb goes back to automatically hitting things, unless I manually tell it otherwise with each enemy. I really think it should stay on the option you choose, at least until it dies or disappears.
  11. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

The interrupting might be from Carbuncle or something, I know when he's knocked enemies back they sometimes go out of my range and it interrupts my cast. Get's annoying at times.
  12. IceSpear

IceSpear New Member

Personally I use Thunder before Bio, because Thunder has the cast time, but with Bio as soon as you can cast again it's instant.
  13. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

Thunder isn't really very useful for ACN, you'd be doing more damage hitting Miasma, Bio 2, Bio 1, and then spamming ruin or something.
  14. IceSpear

IceSpear New Member

Only level 24 I can assure you I'll change Thunder especially with bane coming up in later levels. I'll most likely run an AOE macro with the three move to maximize damage output in fates.
  15. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

Yeah, in the early levels Thunder is okay, but later on it ends up just ruining your rotation and slowing it down. I wouldn't worry about it too much.