About FFXIV ARR monthly fees

Discussion in 'FFXIV ARR Suggestions' started by W.Fung, Jul 17, 2013.

1. W.Fung

W.Fung Newbie

I hope FFXIV which is square enix can reduces the monthly fees.

The reason to reducing FFXIV ARR monthly fees/services fees:

1) If there want collect monthly fees i can comprehension, but ours Asia fees is too high for us.

2) One monthly $12.99 is too expensive to us. $12.99 convert to Malaysia is like RM40. Many people cannot be afford.

3) When i was child, i already watching my dad play FF. Nowdays i become a adult, i was going for my Part-time job and colleges, but i also supporting FF. Buying my 1st PS3 to play FF XIII& FF XIII-2.

4) Because Playstation(ps3/ps4) is expensive to our country, so not many person can afford to buy it and also only few people got PS3 around me.

I really hope your company reduce the services fees for us to support & enjoy your games. ><
    My suggestion is maybe Square enix can give us some offer like 'monthly fees can be sharing to i and my friend.
    Example $12.99 can sharing by 4 people something because this can increase the people to join FFXIV ARR.

Finally, i hope you can consider my suggestion. :(
    Genesys16, Brahma, Fybrile and 2 others like this.
  2. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

....It's cheaper than the industry standard. I honestly don't get these posts. WoW still charges $15 dollars a month as does pretty much every game that has a monthly sub option. Not everyone can afford everything that doesn't mean the price needs to be lowered.
    RoseFaithful, Joker, Kaizz and 4 others like this.
  3. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

Harsh but true. What I think some people don't understand is they still have to Maintain the game, Create new Content, and of course Pay their employees. Plus there's buying the servers, paying for the electricity and all that other mundane expendature. Not to mention they are a business, and they make a lot of their money on the over seas market(America, Canada, Europe) so they charge according to what is "reasonable" to these locations, to other areas of the world they may fare better or worse.

$12.99 is 10% cheaper than the standard fee charged by other games. Like Orien said, WoW a 10+ year old MMO still charges $15.00. I feel for the OP, but I don't see SE changing their subscription fee's to meet the demands of a smaller market base. It's simply business.
  4. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

Just no cash shops please SE
    Joker, Miss Ripley, Caitline and 5 others like this.
  5. Raiga

Raiga Member

I can understand if it's too expensive, but really, it's cheaper than most P2P MMO's. Can't really do anything about what the monthly fee will be, but there are things that you can do on your end. If you have people you can trust, you can have a share one account (this is probably against the Service Agreement, so do so at your own risk). Other than that, well, it's just a game, and there are more important things. You can always just play whatever FF games you already have.
  6. W.Fung

W.Fung Newbie

i understand what you all are talking about but i hope SE can consider about the price. bcs Asia PSN always the expensive cost.
    Genesys16 likes this.
  7. Laychu

Laychu Active Member

I agree, it is somewhat expensive overseas and for minors ( :arghh:...). But, I don't think Square Enix can lower the cost any more than this especially since the MMO industry is very competitive. Plus, it's actually pretty reasonable compared to a few pay to play games.
    The PS4 is already sold out in many places, showing Sony's dominance in this generation, so I also doubt they would want lower the price either. It's bound to get higher by each generation; fans have to deal with it.
  8. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Different markets definitely have different tied in costs for things as you say about PSN. It would be nice if SE took these things into consideration for each market individually but I think they tend to pander to what they know are established and steady markets with a larger player base such as JP, NA and the EU markets. It seems much of the rest of Asia kind of gets the short end of the stick when it comes to P2P games in my experience. Perhaps this could be something they address down the line as they grow in terms of financial success for this product.
    Genesys16 likes this.
  9. Noilane

Noilane Active Member

Hey W.Fung a friend Told me Yesterday that there will be 2 types of payment in the first Year

Type 1 Full Payment 12.99$ you can create up to 50characters and 8 for each server
    Type 2 Small Payment 9.99$ you can create up to 8 Characters and 1 for each server

i will do some research later if this information is True!

otherwise if u want to save some money u should get a account at www.offgamers.com
    allways 5% off + if u buy enough u will be granted vip status (Silver,Gold,Platin) i have my account there for years and bought several WoW Game Time Cards (at the end for 18€ instead of 26€)
    check it out i hope u will find a method working for you =)
    W.Fung and PurelySavage like this.
  10. Tyrlil

Tyrlil Member

*cough* As a fellow Malaysian I find your English painful to read. T_T.

Anyways, as stated by Orien compared to other MMOs, well WoW, it's is slightly cheaper. I mean, tell me, what other MMO has a considerably cheap monthly subscription fee? Excluding the freemiums/f2p and Guild Wars 2.

I doubt they would consider reducing the price of the monthly subscription for Malaysia as we are not a dominant market in the MMO scene. </3
    Legwen likes this.
  11. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Totally.

Also, I wish Maserati would reduce the price of their coupe. $90,000 CDN /585,000 RMB is way out of my price range. Sure, it's superfluous, and if I can't afford it, I probably shouldn't be considering buying it - but shouldn't the pricing of luxury sports cars equate to a reasonable portion of the income of the person buying it, rather than the cost of production? I mean, that's a lot of money in Canada. I don't know about all those rich Italians... I just think selling it for the exact same price all around the world is unfair.
  12. Tyrlil

Tyrlil Member

*gives a cookie*
  13. Noilane

Noilane Active Member

this is the post of the day =D
    Shinja Greysylph likes this.
  14. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Don't get me wrong. I like W.Fung, and like helping him out. But, this is like the third you've complained about the price of the game. I appreciate what you're saying about the price of the game, but there's nothing I or anyone here can do to make it more affordable. Honestly, I think $9.99 entry subscription is very well-priced - especially for a game that was developed, ran mostly for free for almost 2 years, and then re-developed. If $10 is too much for you, that truly does suck - as I'd love to play with more players - but, frankly, you shouldn't be paying more than you can afford for an MMO.

Comparatively, new PS3 games usually cost $50 - $70 CDN. That means the yearly price of subscription is equivalent to the average price of two video games per year. For a game with a ton more hours of content than an average 10-20 hour video game, I call that a good deal.
  15. Syn

Syn Guest

These price threads are getting annoying, here, and on the official forums. I hate to be "that guy" but if one cannot afford MMOs then maybe it's not the genre for you.
    Danforth Wright, Legwen and W.Fung like this.
  16. lolguy123

lolguy123 New Member

I have a question about monthly fees for ps3. will we be able to pay it by using the psn cards?
  17. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

It's not at all a Sony product so I would be unsure on an accurate answer for this. I have not heard any mention of it. From past experience SE is pretty stiff about the way they accept payment and I would expect you'll need to have a payment method registered on you SE account.
  18. lolguy123

lolguy123 New Member

well dc universe online when it had a sub you could use psn cards so maybe they'll do the same thing?
  19. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Content Moderator Content Moderator

Last I had heard the price lay out was as follows.

USD 8.99 - for legacey players
    USD 12.99 - 1 slot per server, 8 total slots
    USD 14.99 - 8 slots per server, 50 total slots

Could be outdated but havent heard anything since.
    Helba likes this.
  20. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

DCU is a SOE product. It makes perfect sense for Sony to take payment for one Sony product via another Sony product.

Like I said I can't say for sure. I am simply going off my experience with how Squeenix has always been about their payments.