A virgins guide to AST Sects

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by GeekMatt, Mar 15, 2016.

1. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Zeldaclone, racooperii and Jinzuku like this.
  2. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

I should know thins but I don't know 100% for sure, therefore, asking here.

if both AST and SCH has same gears/heal potency, AST's noct helios shield is better than SCH's succor?

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Yes, unless the sch crits. AST and sch have the same healing potencies, but AST in Noct gains 5% healing potency, thus the shield is 5% stronger. But when a SCH crits then the shield is doubled, which is a very powerful thing to have.

4. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

yeah, but one thing i don't like about succor crit... it only crit random players, not to the whole party lol.. since my SCH has high crit, from what you advise, SCH succor will be still op than AST's party shield then.

5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

I personally would rather have sch shields than AST. you're not likely to notice the 5% difference in shield much, but a Crit Adlo can eat a tank buster

6. Yes that is an issue. You can always adlo and spread the crit adlo with Deployment Tactics. :shifty:"
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    It certainly can. I've been running Noct Sec exclusively in Midas and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's also pretty OP in PVP as well. >_<" I'm sensing the nerf bat coming soon.

7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

I prefer the Noct playstyle, but it's just hard to justify using it when both stances are viable and the other stance is more mp friendly and increases your DPS.

8. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    It was already nerfed. TBH, a WHM is as good as an AST if they know how to CC (Repose is super OP). The only class that needs love is a SCH (One Ilm Punch removing Aetherflow stacks).

9. I've never done pvp but I always hear my friends bitch about how AST is OP and cheap. Putting up their instant shield and running around like they own the place. XD

Not sure if Repose is the same in PVE as it is in PVP but if it is then I don't see how sleeping one target is OP. If that were the case then BLM would do it better since theirs is AOE.

10. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    In 8v8s it's not that bad but when it's 4v4s, Repose is precious. Fluid Aura tank off of you > Sleep healer, make them waste Purify > Swiftcast Sleep > suddenly no heals for the other team > destroy their DPS.

racooperii likes this.
  11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Edited because I somehow overlooked the increased potency of Aspected Benefic shields. :shifty:

12. Alsims2007

Alsims2007 New Member

Server:
    Famfrit
    Actually only Adlo has the double shield effect on a crit. Noct ast's aspected helios is always stronger than sch succor.
    If you want to test the easiest way is to try and overwrite a shield with a stronger shield. a weaker shield cannot replace a stronger shield (I think ast and sch overwrite each other regardless of which is stronger, so the test has to be sch/sch). Anyway have a less geared sch use succor until it crits. The crit amount needs to be less than the other sch's succor or adlo but not double. You will then see that a adlo/succor that's barely stronger will replace the crit succor. No double shield

Lucius Tinger and GeekMatt like this.