Paladin 3.1 Paladin Changes

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Elivercury, Nov 6, 2015.

1. nekohime

nekohime Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I keep hearing people talk about PLD being limited by TP issues and I'm really curious about how often this actually happens. I mean, if you're standing there hitting a striking dummy of course you're going to run out of TP, but in real fights there's a lot of time where you're unable to attack due to mechanics. Phase shifts, dodging lots of AoE that takes you out of range, interracting with something in the environment, standing there while the boss does it's big attack animation and is untargetable, during all of this your TP is regenerating and you're not using it.

I ask because I have very little experience with endgame raiding but in all content I've done TP management is such a non-issue that I don't even look at my Tp.

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    There's fights that give you breaks, like Rav EX when he's doing his flashy mechanics, and there's fights that don't, like Faust or most of the bosses in the 24man raids. It doesn't really matter how many fights there are though, you shouldn't be forced into a situation where you can no longer be useful due to job design. It's fine if they make you work and think to manage your TP/MP, but to push a situation where you're inevitably
    SOL isn't good design.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 17, 2015 ---
    That being said, we 3-manned T5 this weekend, and the recent adjustments allowed me to DPS my heart out and still stun lock Dreadknights without my TP running dry, so that was nice.

nekohime and kotorinbo like this.
  3. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    There is most definately situations in that you may run low on tp for endgame content, so i do feel like more could have been done. Just like the supposed tp issue fix for Ninja, which well we still have issues :(
    @GeekMatt , grats running content with undersized parties is actually enjoyable :)

4. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Definitely happens to me on a fairly regular basis. For example when I have average DPS for expert roulette in fractal/neverreap I often run out of TP smacking most bosses repeatedly. A few have mechanics which give me an option to regen TP, but for example the first and the third boss don't really have much for the tank to do except smack them a bunch. Even if tank helps with adds that is still more smacking.

3 minutes is a relatively short amount of time for a boss fights and while you're probably kicking around the 2-3 minutes for most dungeon bosses, trial bosses will typically take longer - although they may have phase changes etc. which give you a chance to restore TP.

I'd note ofc that running out of TP in a dungeon isn't as big a deal as I'm unlikely to lose hate for days after I've spent it all, however it is rather frustrating that once you run out of TP you may as well just AFK and get a sandwich or something for all the use you're doing auto-attacking with an ability every 5-6 seconds.

5. kotorinbo

kotorinbo Crystal Brave

I really do not understand why they made PLD so terrible with TP. WAR literally never runs out of TP because of their TP restore, zero TP cost Inner Beast / Fell Cleave, and Pacification... and they do more damage on top of that. I spend a lot of my time using Stoneskin or even Clemency just to have a GCD without TP usage, but that cuts into the already horrible PLD DPS.

6. MasterBox

MasterBox Scion

Server:
    Behemoth
    Sooooo.. been playing as PLD (duh)

The changes they have made seam to have little effect. I still run out of TP, though it feels a bit delayed.. and I feel like I do less DPS then before.

Before.. when i would hit a certain percentage of TP or a particular part of the boss fight... I would use Bulwark.. then spam shield swipe at the cost of 40 TP and would pump out damage close to RoH landing combo or even more with Crit.. that saves me a lot of TP and still pumping out decent damage.

I can't see how this fix is a fix at all

:/

Regardless... im still the best.. with or without shield swipe

>:)

7. Sword

Sword Scion

The only advantage this update gave PLD is slightly easier time to maintain hate on single targets with a minimal DPS and tp management boost. Pretty much what we overall expected.

8. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Well i have not checked actual numbers but my level 55 Dk feels like it hits harder then my level 60 ilv184 PLD , so yes PLD needs changes with dps output and tp cost

9. SunnyTzu

SunnyTzu Adventurer

Server:
    Faerie
    While we're making conjectures on skills that'll never happen. I want PLD to get Runic. Like a field on the ground that returns 20% of damage recieved to you and allies within the field back as magic damage when you're in Sword Oath. and 15% of the damage recieved to everyone in the in the field is converted to health in the field when you're in shield oath. Both the types--healing and damage generates enmity for the PLD

10. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

So an AOE for PLD that does a DoT to mobs and a HoT for party members in the circle?

11. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    I'm unsure a "DoT" is strictly the correct term - any and all damage dealt will be a proportion of how much it has smacked the tank (and other members). Same for healing.

Interesting idea for an ability though.

SunnyTzu likes this.
  12. SunnyTzu

SunnyTzu Adventurer

Server:
    Faerie
    Close. Like a bastardized sacred soil that returns a percentage of damage taken as dmg. Or heals. Maybe a DoT or HoT would be better. Like an aura or something.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2015 ---
    My only concern is that it'd be wicked situational, I wanted something along the lines of the WAR buff.