1 million gil this week with minimal work for Botanist

Discussion in 'Crafters & Gatherers' started by Caimie Tsukino, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Prerequisite:
    Lvl 50 Botanist with
    370+ Gathering
    332+ Perception
    585+ GP

What to do:
    Put on your Botanist gear.
    Start collecting Dzemael Tomato HQ (1 star item from BEFORE Patch 2.2).
    Sell on market.
    Keep an eye in market. If price drops low, stop selling. Sell again when it goes high again.

How:
    With your Truth of Forest turned on, go to Unspoiled Node at Wineport at 1pm Eorzean time.
    Please don't use Toil of Pioneer. Only noobs use that, and you ruin your chances of getting more HQ.
    Just hit the damn slot 3 once, use Leaf Turn II to increase HQ rate at the cost of 300 GP,
    Start gathering the tomatoes at 95% success rate.
    If you have <600 GP initially, hit a few times until you have 300 GP again.
    Use "Ageless Words" to add 1 attempt.
    Keep hitting until you can use "Brunt Force" to give the last attempt 100% success rate & guaranteed HQ.
    Expect around 15 to 20 HQ tomatoes each run.
    Sell your HQ tomatoes at ridiculously high prices on the market.
    Do this about 5 times a day.
    Congratulations, you just made a million gil in a few days with minimal effort.

Why:
    Since Patch 2.3, the most cost effective way to obtain Mastercraft Demimateria is thru desynthesis of Artisan Spectacles. And the most cost effective way to obtain the specs is by submitting Spicy Tomato Relish HQ (untradable). Sadly, the relish is extremely hard to make HQ without HQ tomatoes. Thus, anyone who intend to produce Mastercraft demimateria themselves (instead of buying from marketboard) will have to acquire, literally, over 1000 Dzemael tomato HQ.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Hermes, Vamped and Najla like this.
  2. Najla

Najla Scion

Server:
    Adamantoise
    I've been doing these and the various grade 3 soils on miner (since everyone and their momma is growing chocobo food/broom ingredients). I love making money just using gathering jobs instead of my crafts because I can be absolutely lazy about it, and that's one thing this cat likes is being lazy. :cat:

racooperii, Hermes and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I really need to work on gearing up my gathering...

Hermes likes this.
  4. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Seems like everyone on my server apparently has botanist levled or something because no one is buying this stuff. >_<"

5. Yeezy

Yeezy Adventurer

I made quite a bit of money from this. they were selling for 4k on Behemoth last week, now down to 2.6k but still worth it

6. Tharian83

Tharian83 Crystal Brave

Server:
    Sargatanas
    wow, if this is true then I need to really start working on my gathering class. Of all my gathering/crafting classes my Botanist is my second highest level after my Weaver.

7. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    For those who do not have botanist 50 yet, please pay attention that the prerequisite requires quite a bit of stats, and so it requires materia overmelds on your final botanist gear set. This means you actually need to spend money to be able to do this. By the time you finished melding and start gathering, this "rush" could already be over. Those who are rich and were buying the HQ tomatoes acquire them so quickly that they may have bought enough by next week. The remaining population may not spend as much money any more.

Your investment on botany lvl 50 and overmelds, however, is not wasted. Botany can make quite a bit of money on its own just as Najla suggested. You just probably won't make it in time for this Tomato Express train.

nobopyon, racooperii and Tharian83 like this.
  8. Shiroe Shirogane

Shiroe Shirogane Crystal Brave

Almost there! My Botanist and Fisher are in the low 40's now :p

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  9. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    I thought the HQ Dzemael Tomato fever would have been gone by now. In contrast, it continued...
    At the beginning of Patch 2.3, HQ tomatoes were 1.5K each.
    When I started this thread, the price was 2K-ish each.
    Yesterday, the price was 3K each, and people are still buying, including myself! I bought a stack of 99 yesterday because I ran out of time to gather. That's 300K I threw out to buy time.

The reason behind this prolonged tomato hype is still because of the new crafting mainhand tools. I have underestimated the amount Spicy Tomato Relish HQ I need to get those new tools. Apparently, Mastercraft Demimateria is not so difficult to obtain if you have a few hundreds of Relish. But Fieldcraft Demimateria III is the real killer here. Field III is currently worth 700 to 800K each on the market, and I need 70 more of them :hungover:! For me, with only GSM & LTW at level 100 desyn, my only chance of getting Field III is by desyn of Rose Gold Clasp or Carbuncle Chronometer (Artisan Specs too, but at a rate that is way too low). Rose Gold Clasp requires Rose Gold Ingot, in other words, a ton of peacock ore which is almost impossible to afford. Carbuncle Chronometer requires a ton of Rose Gold Nuggets, lumbers and a ruby, meaning it takes an emery and a raw ruby (will continue the ruby discussion below). Some people prefer to go for the Carbuncle way, but I prefer the Rose Gold Clasp. I find Carbuncle too mat-heavy, and the desyn of the Carbuncle is not 100% success rate like the Clasps. The way for me to obtain those precious Rose Gold Ingots for Clasps, is not from peacock ore, but from desyn of Artisan Spectacles while I'm getting Mastercraft Demimateria. This is why I need A LOT more Relish to get more Spectacles... Thus, the continuation of this Tomato fever.

Notice that NQ tomatoes are worthless though. Since Patch 2.3, the price has dropped from 300 gil to now 7 gil each.

Now speaking of Ruby, this is very interesting. I noticed that my 1 HQ ruby can't be sold at all... where as the raw mats for making Ruby (Emery & Raw Ruby), are increasing in price. I sold 20 Raw Ruby NQ in the past 2 days at 5K each (even HQ Rose Gold Nuggets are only 4 to 5K each. I have completely abandoned the making of them now). That's 100K in 2 days, which is very impressive for an NQ gathering mat. I think people who are acquiring rubies are just getting furniture or the Carbuncle Chronometer mentioned above, so they don't want to pay for an expensive completed Ruby, especially NOT HQ. In contrast, they just want to get the cheapest NQ raw mats. When gathering Raw Ruby, I strongly suggest the use of King's Yield II for quantity (500 GP), and add Field Mastery II (100 GP) to increase success rate.

In conclusion, currently the market is in need of HQ Dzemael Tomatoes (1 star) & NQ Raw Ruby (2 star).
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2014 ---
    Oh, and if you're someone with a lot of myth tome to spend, you may consider exchanging for Emery. But of course, the prices of myth mats fluctuate a lot depending on supply/demand. It's always better to check first. I'm just here suggesting not to forget to check for Emery price when you're checking other myth mat prices, before you exchange your myths.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    racooperii and Najla like this.
  10. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Ill have to take a look at the tomato market when I get back from montana since I can finally collect Hq 1 Stars :).

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  11. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    I just noticed i never mentioned WHY tomatoes are in demand in the original post.... So i modified it just now. Sorry.

12. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It makes a lot of sense, especially if people are doing what you're doing and desynthing the artisan glasses. It would mean its a perpetual market, always in demand until everyone has the next tier crafting equipment.

13. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Another few weeks have passed... I went to buy a stack of HQ tomatoes when I suddenly saw that the price has increased to 4K each now on Zalera... :eek: (i turned around from the market board, and put on my botany gear...)

This tomato market is STILL persistently strong...

14. Shiroe Shirogane

Ours has bottomed out :( Spruce HQ is selling for 900 a pop and tomatoes around 2-3k. Still pretty good, but they aren't moving very fast which means people aren't buying. Spruce NQ seems to move well oddly enough.

15. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    ALL HQ darksteel nuggets, rose gold nuggets, spruce lumbers markets have died since Patch 2.3. But check the ORES! The ore now sell very well! This is because everyone is just using these for desyn these days. So everyone just need NQ nuggets, or just ores.

16. Shiroe Shirogane

Ah good to know. I haven't hit 50 mining yet but soon!

17. Najla

Najla Scion

Server:
    Adamantoise
    HQ D. Tomatoes are still ~2k on Adamantoise, still high enough to keep them in my daily rounds of gathering. Love when I get in good with Lady Luck and get all (or most) swings of HQ <3. Though not too long ago I had a game day of complete fail, lol

Also, I thought I was tossing out my NQ ones, but tossed my Ruby Tomatoes I had held onto for Buttons in a Blanket. :dead: Was clearly not my day lol.

18. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Awww... Well, u can re-buy your ruby tomatoes easily for 16 gil each from NPC vendors at Bismark. :cat:

19. Najla

Najla Scion

Server:
    Adamantoise
    Oh I know, just the stupidity of it made me facepalm, lol

20. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Alas i have had a botanist @ 50 for sometime now but do not have melds onto the gear. Novus is draining me silly, lol